45

I ran around the place like an idiot, shooting any people who were still alive with little to no care. Which was quite different for me, usually, I would consider their family and whatever, but in this moment, I had no remorse at all.

Up until, I found a staircase, buried deep right at the back of the place. It was odd, behind the building a random staircase?

I took caution, heading downstairs and pulling the metal door open as quietly as I could.

I had to act fast, it was another room, full of men from the agency. I spared no one, shooting them all and attacking them as they ran up to try and tackle me.

It was bothering me still, how many fucking more secret rooms and entrances was I going to have to go through til I found Jake?

There was another door, and I could genuinely sense the bad vibe coming from it. It was ominous, and a laugh was heard from the other side, echoing into this chamber.

"It feels good knowing I'll be known for taking you down Jaeyun. Tell me, any last words?" A familiar voice came from the other side, it wasn't Jaewook though, it was one of the agents I worked with initially to try and take Jake down.

It was Agent 016, Siwoo. The one who asked if I had anything to live for, and why I was never scared of my job and raiding mob gangs.

I came to a realisation that I was fearful in this moment, I had something to actually keep fighting for, and someone to stay alive for.

"What more can I say? I've lived well." Jake was out of breath, tired but despite that, his cocky attitude remained in his words.

I don't know what took me so long to react, and why I was still eavesdropping.

"Even before death, you act arrogant." Siwoo chuckled, and two bullets echoed into the room loudly, followed by the sound of someone dropping.

In that moment, my heart dropped, and I swung the door open, straight up aiming the gun at Siwoo and not even allowing for him to understand what was going on.

I took four shots, four shots straight to Siwoo, and with each one, his body slightly jittered aback, til he fell to the floor too.

I ran to Jake, where he lay on the floor, his bulletproof vest was discarded to the side, and he had no weapon on him. The bullets punctured straight through the left side of his chest, where his heart was located.

I crouched down, patting his face as I pressed my hand on where the bullets were shot, trying to stop the bleeding.

With my other hand, I took my headgear off, throwing it to the side and patting his cheek as he looked at me, his face was turning paler by seconds, but he still had that sweet gaze in his eyes.

"Jake, Jake, don't.. don't go unconscious.. Jake stay with me." I pat his cheek numerous times and he just weakly lift his hand to move my hair out of my face.

"Just leave me, Hikari, you don't belong in this lifestyle." His voice began to fade out ever so slightly, and for once in my life, I felt the stinging tears rush to my eyes.

"Jake, please, just hang on." I attempted to sit him up, try to at least restore a bit of life to his face.

He gave me a faint smile, his blinking slow. He reached for my hand that was on his chest, and pulled it off.

"I told you, I would hurt you, remember?" Jake took in a few deep breaths, leaning his head back and shutting his eyes for a second before looking at me, "You shouldn't of came here, but either way, I'm proud of you Hikari."

A single tear dropped down my cheek, sure Siwoo was bleeding out to death back there too, but I could care less about him right now.

"Jake, please, stop talking.." I panicked, I had already dialed for some of the guys to come and help me, but either way, I wasn't sure if he'd make it.

"I love you Hikari, I just thought I'd let you know." He chuckled, his eyes shutting and body going frail in my grasp. I felt his hand loosen around mine, and at that rate, I think my world genuinely came crashing down.

I tried to shake him awake, and I tried to feel for his pulse, but it became very faint, and I wasn't sure whether it was even his pulse anymore or I was just being deluded.

My hands were covered in his blood, a few tears trickling down my cheek, and a short moment later, the guys came down to assist me with moving Jake out of here and somewhere safe.

As they took him out, I stood in the room for a moment, Siwoo was still in the room, probably dead, I approached him, pulling his burner phone out of his pocket, taking a picture of his dead body, and sending it to my old boss.

I threw it to the ground, a cold expression on my face as I walked out of the place, heading towards the car I came with.