Tunnels

Regina

2 1/2 months later

I had to see Robin, I was going to have my baby in two weeks and I had to figure out what we were going to do. I slowly made my way deeper and deeper into the forest, my sweater and jacket weighing me down, making me slower, along with the baby that was repeatedly kicking me with every step I took. "Please baby, let mama walk." I whispered, but the baby defiantly kicking me. I rubbed my stomach and kept walking until I saw Robin perched on a log, his eyes lifted to me and rushed over to where I was standing. "Sweetheart! What are you doing over here, this is a long walk for you." He said gently sitting me on a rock, hidden from everyone.

"Gold thinks that I'm only a couple months along in my pregnancy, but the baby is coming in two weeks and they told me that they'd come and get you when I go into labor, but I don't know where they're taking me!" I said grabbing his hands, he nodded and cupped my face and brushed my cheek with his thumb. "Hey! Don't worry I will find my way to you! You aren't going to be left alone, this baby is going to come and I am going to be with you and Gold is not going to take this baby!" He said smiling at me, I nodded and exhaled, resting my head on his chest, his hands trailed down to my stomach which was hidden under thick sweaters and my jacket, the baby getting excited over his touch, slamming its heal onto my stomach. "Mmm." I moaned at the hard action, Robin gingerly rubbed the spot and leaned down so he was level with my stomach. "Hey, gentle. Don't hurt your mother." He whispered, pressing his nose against my middle. There was a rustling in the woods so he sat up, closing my jacket farther. "Mate Zelena and I were- REGINA! Dear lord you had your sister worried sick!" Will yelled, pulling his phone out, probably texting my sister. "Oh tell her I'm sorry, I was talking to Robin. I should get going." I said, Robin helped me up and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Let me drive you." He insisted, pulling his keys out of his pocket, but I shook my head politely. "I walked into the forest alone, that's how I need to come out." I said sighing, the offer tempting.

I kissed Robin then started walking out of the forest, slowly making my way through the foliage. "Regina! Your sister said for me to drive you and to not allow you to refuse." Will said running next to me. I sighed and realized that the one person who was just as stubborn as I was, was Zelena. "Thanks." I said, relieved that I wouldn't have to make the long walk home.

"Regina! Oh my go you scared me! I thought Gold took you or you were in labor somewhere or-" I cut her off and laughed, rubbing my stomach where the baby kicked. "I'm sorry, I was just talking to Robin." I said sitting next to her on the stool. "So Emma is apparently working with Rumple, so we have to be extra careful when you go into labor, he can be anywhere with her. So we made a secret tunnel for us to take you, I already have my tools and things down there, we are getting ready, don't worry!" She said nervously, I nodded and took her hand, smiling at her, she exhaled and then took a shaky breath, she was stressed, mother always knew how to do that to us, I turned her so she was facing me and took her freezing hands in mine, setting them on my lap. "Thank you for all of this. I know you must be stressed, you're the best sister anyone could ask for. I know I have been sort of a handful, but you haven't jumped ship, which I am very grateful for." I said chuckling, she smiled back and rubbed her temples, I don't think she had slept in days, working with my mother on a plan to keep me safe when the baby comes. Her hair was wild, and her blue eyes seemed dull with fatigue, she leaned over and bumped her chest on the counter and winced, her hand rubbing her side, I saw tears well up in her eyes as she sat back. "Zelena? What's going on?" I asked getting up, she shook her head and rubbed the spot that the counter hit. "I think I am getting my cramps earlier than usual." She said hunching over, I nodded and stood next to her, rubbing her back. She went to stand up but her knees started to shake as she stood, her skinny frame barely holding her up, I clutched her close and started to help her up to her room, silently groaning with every step.