The Problem Child

Italics used when English is being spoken.

Contains: Chan spanking Jisung.

March 2019

Jisung was 12, turning 13 in a couple months.

He had started making more friends at school, much to his older brother's relief.

But one of his friends, Hyunwoo, was not the greatest influence.

He was one of those kids that you couldn't quite trust. He seemed nice, but almost a little deceptive.

------

"Is there even anything to do this afternoon? We finished our team project, but no one else is done..." Jisung stated during lunch.

"Should we ditch the afternoon classes?" Hyunwoo asked excitedly.

"Huh? Why? You mean like now?" Jisung responded shyly.

"Yeah. You know how we were talking about going to Itaewon!"

"Well... I can't go now. My brothers and I always meet after classes and walk home together. I have to be here."

"Well obviously we'll be back by that time! Besides. The only other class we have is Math class with that awful witch this afternoon. And we already finished all the homework."

"I know, but... we'll get caught. We can't just leave and come back."

"We'll tell them we got sick if they notice we're gone."

"That's too risky! If we get caught, my dad will kill me..."

"Don't worry! I've done this before. You just have to trust me." Hyunwoo convinced.

~~~~~~

It was stupid of them to think that the teachers wouldn't notice they were gone.

The teachers could've believed that they both did get sick from lunch, except that the principal had been looking for the two missing students all afternoon, and had resorted to checking the security cameras, which showed the two kids running out of the school just after lunchtime.

When they came back, the principal was waiting for them.

She sent Seungmin and Felix on their way, explaining that she had to talk to Jisung and Hyunwoo.

She called them into the staff room.

-----

"You two know there are consequences for leaving class without permission."

She stated.

"We got sick at lunch. So we both went home!" Hyunwoo lied.

The principal was unconvinced.

"You'll both be waiting here until your parents come. We'll need to talk with them." She said sternly.

Jisung felt his stomach turn.

"No!" He blurted out. "I mean... Well... It won't happen again. I promise!"

"You boys go wait in the hall. You are not free to leave the school. Mister Lee will be waiting for your parents to get here, and he will see if you try to go past his office, so don't think about running out again. Understood?" She said.

The boys nodded and went to sit in the hall.

They could vaguely hear the calls being made to their "parents" and with every word Jisung tried to make out, his anxiety grew and grew.

"My mom isn't too strict, so I think it'll be okay." Hyunwoo explained.

Jisung just sighed.

"Do you think you'll be in trouble?" Hyunwoo asked.