Chapter 19

Katniss pov
Gale stands there wearing a dark blue suite, "Gale, what are you doing here?" I ask. "Katniss, I know I'm the last person you wanna see, but I just had to see my best friend on her wedding day, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for those kids, I'm sorry for Prim, I'm sorry for leaving, I'm sorry for everything, I've missed your friendship, I've missed you"  Gale says on the brink of tears" "I've missed you too Gale" I say "And I never should've blamed you for what happened to Prim I was just still so upset and raw from almost losing her and I lashed out at you, it wasn't your fault" "Can we please be friends again?" He asks. "I nod smiling and hug him he hugs me back with a tight embrace. "Congratulations," He says. He shakes Peeta's hand.  "Take care of her," he says. "Always," Peeta answers.

Prim pov
I watch Katniss and Gale talk it seems to be going well. Truth is I'm sort of avoiding Rory after he and I kissed that day over a year ago in 13, he left and never said a word to me again, and I'm mad at him over that. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see him, Rory. "Hey," he says. I can't help myself. I glare at him and say "Hey after all this time and the way we left things, all you can say is hey." I turn around and walk away, which I can't do very fast or very well even with my cane, so it doesn't take him long to catch up with me. "Hey," he says, putting his hand on my arm. "I'm sorry, I know you're probably mad at me."You kissed me and then didn't speak to me me for a year," I say, trying not to shout. "I know," he says. "I'm sorry, but after what happened with Gale and Katniss," "They aren't us," I say, not letting him finish.  "Are we an us?" He asks."I don't know, " I say. "Are we?" He answers by smashing his lips against mine.  The kiss feels so natural and right, I wrap my arms around him, and he pulls me closer to him.

Katniss pov
"Looks like another Hawthorne boy has fallen under an Everdeen girl's spell" Gale says. "I turn to see what he's talking about and see Prim and Rory kissing at the other end of the room. I resist the urge to be the protective older sister and run over and pull her away, but I don't I have to let her grow up and it's because I did a good job of keeping her safe that she can. 

That night Peeta and I share our first night together as husband and wife he sits on top of me and takes off his shirt, I trace the scars on his body with my fingers and pull him down to me I moan as I feel him go inside me and grip him tighter, we're both trying to be quiet because Prim is right down the hall but I don't know how good a job we're doing when we finish we're both flushed and out of breath "That was amazing" Peeta said "You're amazing Mrs. Mellark" "You're not so bad yourself Mr Mellark" I say. I lay my head on his chest, and he wraps his arm around me. "Should we have a honeymoon?" Peeta asks. I look up at him "Do you want too?" He shrugs "I mean it's what newlyweds do" "Where would we go?" I ask. "Anywhere we want, I guess" Peeta says. "What about Prim?" I say "I don't want to leave her here alone"  Peeta looks at me "Katniss she's 15 do you really think she's gonna be okay with having a babysitter?" "I know she wouldn't" I say "But I was thinking maybe Haymitch could look in on her" "Alright" Peeta says "Let's do it!" Let's go on a honeymoon!"  I smile and kiss him. The games are over, I'm married to Peeta Mellark, Prim is alive and is becoming a very beautiful young woman, I couldn't ask for more.