22: Peer Pressure

Danielle POV.

I was trying lunch again with August. Hopefully it goes better than last time. I pulled up to the restaurant and let out a sigh before getting out the car and walking inside. I spotted August sitting by himself at a table.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled as I walked up to him.

"Hey Aug." I hugged him.

He pulled the chair out for me and I sat down across from him.

"So how ya' been ma?" He asked.

"I've been pretty good, I'm working on getting my own boutique together.." I informed him.

"That's wassup you find a place yet?"

"Yup, I've searched everywhere and I finally got the right place." I smiled.

"That's good ma, Im happy for you...I'm surprised you even came."

"Why?" I asked.

"Well I let my emotions get ahead of me and I was rude..you have the right to be happy and if that's where you wanna be then who am I to get upset and stop you.."

Jermaine #2....oh hell no, I'm not going through this again! Now Jermaine is just becoming suspicious and ion wanna talk to him anymore. I don't wanna go through the same shit with August!

"August can we be sure that we will only be friends...nothing more and nothing less." I said.

"I'm sure Danielle..." He nodded

The rest of the time I was out with August was just perfect, he wasn't being flirty. He was respectful, we laughed, we joked around and he seemed like he meant what he said about us just being friends anyway. I wanted to talk to Jermaine about this anyway..I just wanna know what's going on with him, anytime we talk ..it's awkward, he's too flirty, he's different...too different.

After leaving the restaurant I stopped by his house so I could talk to him. I knocked on the door and he answered.

"Wassup baybeh." He licked his lips.

"Hey Maine...you busy?" I asked him.

"Neva' too busy for you..come in." He stepped aside so I could walk inside.

"I wanted to talk to you about the baby situation.." I sighed.

"Well wassup?" He sat on the couch.

"You told Odell not to tell me about Tianna being pregnant with the baby possibly being his...then you ended up telling me. Lately you've been different, you wanna see me more, you flirt with me a lot more and you have been kinda touchy as well...what's going on wit' you.."

"Well as you already know, me and Mya going through it, sometimes I find myself thinking about how we used to be. Sometimes I wish we would've worked on our shit, when I told you about the baby it was one of those days that I was thinking about our past..I wasn't tryna ruin y'all relationship or nothing It was just out of spite and I'm sorry.. As for the flirting and touching, I'm sorry about that. Honestly, I didn't even notice but I'll work on it. Me and Mya need to work on some stuff anyway.."

"I'm glad you told the truth..I thought I was gonna lose my bestfriend.." I laughed.

"Honestly...I hope that baby ain't Odell's. When Hailey came into the picture that was okay...but with Tianna this is an almighty hell no!! That bitch put y'all through so much shit and you don't need that." He shook his head.

"I know...All we can do is wait..she don't even want the baby though."

"She annoying as hell, squeaky ass voice!!" He rolled his eyes.