🌹.....31.....🌹

Shehnaaz laid in bed her mind whirlwind of emotions and uncertainties. She so wished to be happy about their marriage and she was, but somewhere in the corner of her heart she felt as if she was burdening him. She was so scared that this little paradise of their will crumble down soon. Her father has not made any move yet. And it only scared her more than giving her relief.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt sidharth tightening his arms around her. He was fighting for her, and she was doing nothing other than being a burden on him. That was the reason she agreed to that Puja on his family's insistence.

His hand unconsciously shifted under her shirt, she smiled a bit and shifted closer to him, giving him the comfort he needed.

The image of reshmi and him flashed in front of her eyes again and her hold loosened. She shifted away, turning her back to him.

She was certain that it was a misunderstanding, therefore she didn't confronted him but what made her more wary was they looked so good together.

Her eyes filled with tears again. She sniffled softly, making sure he was not disturbed.

But he was sidharth, who was she even fooling? A few minutes later she felt the lights turning on. She hastily wiped her tears, making sure her movements are not noticeable.

"Natak mat kar, pata hai mujhe tu abhi soyi nahi hai." His voice made her sigh. She really thought he was sleeping, he was even snoring slightly then how!?! She turned around trying to act nonchalant.

"Kuch chahiye tujhe? Kyu neend kharab kar rha hai meri?" She said letting out a fake yawn.

"Dur kyu jarhi hai fir, chup chap so nahi sakti? Faltu mein neend kharab kar rhi hai." He said tugging at her hand and pulling her closer to himself. She thought that was it but sidharth was too familiar with her to let go anything that's bothering her.

"Roh kyu rhi thi?" He asked, pulling her flush against himself, the lamp casting beautiful golden glow on her face which made it difficult for him to look away from her.

"Kyu rula rha hai mujhe faltu mein? Roh nahi rhi thi mein... Mujhe neend arhi hai, please so jaa." She said closing her eyes, trying to avoid the topic.

"Jhoot kabse bolne lagi tu shehnaaz? Woh bhi mujhse? Kya hua baby? Naraz hai mujhse? Kuch kiya meine?" His asked, his voice worried and serious.

" Kuch nahi bebu, bass thak gyi hu thodasa. " She smiled sweetly at him, but of course it didn't reach her eyes.

Sidharth knew there was more to it but decided to not address it right now. So he turned off the lights and held her close as they dozed off in each other's arms.

___________________

Next day the house was bustling with new energy. Mahi has returned today and the aroma of traditional maharashtrian dishes filled the mansion. Shehnaaz woke up first and prepared sidharth's things before going out in the kitchen. She saw that mahi was back and practically ran in her arms. She missed her, she was probably the only woman in this house who was not against her.

"I missed you sana, I am sorry mujhe aise nahi jana chahiye tha, but baba ki tabiyat bohot kharab thi isliye Jana pada." Mahi said with sorry face as soon as they broke the hug.

"Koi baat nahi, but please ab mat jana. Mujhe bohot akela feel hota hai din bhar." She said making her nod. Sana looked at her attire. She was wearing a typical Maharashtrian nauvari Saree with minimal jwellery and a pearl nosering.

"Itna saj sawar ke kahi jaa rhe ho aap? Kuch hai kya aaj? Puran poli bhi bana hai." Sana asked her, curiosity at peak.

Sidharth had once told her that puran poli is made on special occasions. She hated being left out but now as mahi has returned that was something she must not bother about.