Reeces Visit Pt.3

It was a few hours later when Winter finally arrived home. He had mixed feelings as he pulled into the drive. Part of him was relieved that Reece was still there. The other part was worried about what he was going to walk into. While he knew they loved each other really, in their own way, he also knew they could fight like cat and dog when the mood took them. He braced himself for the worst as he opened the front door.

"Seriously Aut? Is this for me or you at this point?" He heard Reece say, sounding frustrated.

"You obviously, but if I have to put up with you being closer, I may as well get something out of it as well. Something needs to make up for having to spend more time with you." He walked into the lounge at this point and had seen Autumn smirk at her last comment. A wave of relief washed over Winter as he realised having her brother there had done exactly what he hoped it would.

"Evening my sweet." He said, smiling at Autumn. "Reece." He said to the blonde on the other side of the sofa as he had looked round. "What are you two talking about?"

"Winter." Reece replied. "I'd been telling my sister here I'd been thinking about moving closer to you guys, and she'd asked to see some of the houses we were looking at. She's rejecting anything without a pool or a hot tub."

Winter kept his chuckle in, thinking back to the fact he'd had the same conversation with Marjorie a few hours earlier. "I see." Was all he felt safe to say.

"I'm just saying, if I'm going to have to spend more time with him, I want it to be worth my while." Autumn replied deadpan.

Winter thought it best to try and change the subject. "Do you want some dinner, my love?"

"No, thank you, my sweet. I've not long eaten. There's lasagne in the kitchen for you, though. You just need to heat it up."

"Oh, thank you. I wasn't expecting you to have cooked today."

"Oh, I didn't, Reece did. Dessert just needs to go in the oven after as well. "

"Oh. Is that Reeces work as well?"

Reece looked up, "Yes. She's kept me busy today. If Winter's back, I'd probably better leave you guys to your evening and get back to Marjorie as well." He said, standing.

"Reece, make sure you take that last portion of lasagne for Marjorie, and there's way too much chocolate fondant mix for me and Winter, so you can cook some for you guys when you get back." Autumn said. Placing some clip lock containers in a bag for her brother to take home.

"OK, will do. Now, just remember. If you cook that fondant and it's not gooey in the middle, that's on you cooking it, not me, OK? Especially if I've taken home the same mix and mine work perfectly." Reece added with a wink.

"It will always be your fault. Everything's always your fault. You're my big brother. You're supposed to take the blame when I mess up." She smirked at him as he shook his head and walked towards the door. She went running after him, just catching him as he'd opened the front door. She threw her arms around him one last time and muttered a small thank you into his chest.

He returned the hug with his free arm, resting his head on hers and saying, "Anything, anytime Aut. You only have to ask. I'll always come running."

It was the closest the two of them had ever gotten to telling each other they loved one another, and in this moment, it was more than enough.

Autumn returned to Winter and wrapped her arms around him after Reece had walked out and placed a kiss on his cheek. "How are you, my love?" She asked.

"I'm better than I expected to be coming home to see you two like that. Seems like you two enjoyed yourselves today. I need to check, though. Aren't chocolate fondant notoriously difficult to make? Did you seriously get Reece to make some?"