Fixed Affection Chapter 16

I have noticed that my reads are rapidly declining, so if I'm sucking it up tell me how I can make it better.  I did try really hard on this chapter and hopefully you see a difference.  Thank You.

Sorry if it's too short, it just seemed like the opprotune place to stop.

Ch.16

There’s no turning back now, we are on a plane headed to Las Vegas.  All four of us took off Friday and Monday off work, extending our weekend into a mini-vacation and now Mike, Brent, Natalie and I were headed to Sin City for drinking, gambling and of course marriage, and in that order.

As I sat in my seat staring out the window at the clouds I tried to not think too much for fear of freaking out, though I told everyone I was 100% sure in my decision to do this, I was scared shitless.   Despite my best effort, the thoughts of my past started charging in, Mike.  The same boy I had been head over heels with my entire college career and now I’m marrying him, as a friend, for my job.  Who am I kidding?  Mike is just as amazing now as he was back then, maybe more? And definitely sexier! 

After this weekend I am going to do my best to avoid him, it will be the only way this platonic marriage will work, it is impossible to resist his charm and that devastatingly handsome smile of his that makes my knees week.  He didn’t see me the way he used to anyway so that should make things easier; I just had to keep myself in check.

__

While checking into the hotel we had previously agreed to get two rooms and split it girls and boys but apparently Brent is single and on the prowl and Mike stressed that we get a third room, though I couldn’t blame him.

 Natalie and I went to our room to get ready for a night on the town; I could not hide my excitement as I was ready to experience Las Vegas with no age restrictions. 

In the midst of curling my hair in to big romantic curls Natalie comes barging in the bathroom nearly causing me to drop the flat iron on to my bare feet.

“I should kick your ass.” I stated picking my straightener off the smooth tile floor.

“You won’t want to after you see this!” She exclaimed, unzipping a black dress hanger revealing a gorgeous white dress.  “It’s not exactly a wedding dress but as the Maid of Honor I took it upon myself to find you a dress nonetheless.”

“Natalie! You are amazing! It is perfect!”  It really was perfect it was a short white dress, just above knee length.  It was a fully ruched design with beaded straps that scooped under the bust line and connected as V in the back, it was truly amazing.  “How can I ever thank you for being the best friend in the whole world?”  I said it jokingly, but she really was the best friend I could ever have, or anyone could have for that matter.

“You just look great in it and we’ll call it even.”  She said with a smile before pulling me into a hug.  Of course she wouldn’t want anything in return, typical Natalie.

I broke away from the hug tears stinging my eyes, “Ok let’s get me in this thing.”

__

The four of us hit casino after casino and I had cashed out with about $300 so far, not too bad I’d say but not great either.  Nat and I definitely had our drink on and I had quite a buzz going on and was having a great time, this was THE best idea I’d ever had!  I ambled over to Mike sitting at one of the machines, not too gracefully I might add.

“Are you winning us some money, honey?”  I asked wrapping my arms around his strong wide shoulders placing my chin on his right shoulder, near his neck.