Fixed Affection Chapter 21

*Flashback*

He stood up, giving me a nod before leaning down to my ear.  “Get your head out of your ass and realize the girls’ just scared.”  He gave my shoulder one last squeeze before catching up with his wife and heading home.

Scared?

Scared of what?

Chapter 21

It was Christmas Eve night and I as I made my way down the empty streets of Seattle I wondered if I was going to make a complete ass out of myself.  I pulled up to the side of her studio and my heart swelled with pride to see it doing so well.  I made my way up the stairs, nervous about showing up unannounced but I didn’t let it stop me.  I knocked before I lost the nerve to and waited there nervous as hell for her to open the door.

The sight of her took my breath away she was in a snug fitting red dress her hair cascading down her shoulders in golden waves.

“Mike!” she nearly yelled, she definitely didn’t expect me to show up.  “It’s about time you made it!” she squealed inviting me and pulling me into a hug.

I was beyond confused until Brenna gave me a little wink asking me to go along with whatever she was doing.

“See Alex I had told you he’d be here at any minute so if you could leave we can get this show on the road.”  She said it sweetly but I could tell he didn’t want to leave.

He slowly rose from the couch, eyes staying focused on her.

“Brenna. . . “He started walking towards her she took a step back putting her beside me.

I took a step forward put her behind me defensively.  “I believe the lady asked you to leave.”  I gave him a smile in contradiction to my menacing tone.  If he was causing her any problems he was going to have to go through me.

He must have gotten the point as he made his way toward the door; I followed him it locking the door behind him.

“Are you ok?”

She was still standing where I left her, just staring at the floor.

“Oh” she said perking her head up, snapping out of her thoughts. “Yeah I’m fine; he just wasn’t getting the point.  Glad you showed up when you did.”  She said giving him a smile.

“So you told him I was coming?”

“It was more of a bluff” she said with a nervous chuckle.  “So what are you doing here Mike?”

Shit, now I get nervous.

“Well I just had a feeling you were alone on Christmas Eve too and I didn’t know if you’d want some company.”  I said lifting the bottle of wine I was carrying in my hand.

Her eyes showed the softest emotion before she blinked her guard back up.

“I’m not sure that’s a good idea” she mutters biting her lip, unintentionally teasing me.  Thoughts of me biting that supple lip had taken over; I shook my head slightly trying to shake them away.

“Please Brenna, don’t push me away anymore.” I said walking towards her.

She didn’t say anything just kept her face down, but not moving.

“Please.” I whispered, wrapping my arms around her shoulders, nuzzling my face into her hair before squeezing her into a hug.

She broke her resolve and hugged me back, my heart was beating a mile a minute and I hugged her impossibly closer.