Fixed Affection Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I woke up the next morning from some of the best sleep I’ve had in months, that’s when I shifted slightly and the arm around my torso tightened.

Mike.  Just looking at how handsome he looked in the morning took my breath away. 

I started to sit up but Mike pushed me back down.

“Nope I’m not letting you go.”  He said nuzzling his face in my neck.

I tried to sit up again.  Again he brought me back down to his side. “Nope.”

 “I’ll make breakfast.” I said in a sing-song tone.  He peeked one eye open at me, I guess judging if I was serious.

“What kind of breakfast?”

“How ‘bout french toast?”

“Mmmmm.” He groaned against my neck, tickling me.  “I love french toast.”

“I know.”  He looked up at me probably just as surprised as I was to remember that.  I jumped out of bed before either of us could say anything else and made my way to the kitchen.

-

Just as I was finishing up the last batch Mike walked out to the kitchen with his pants on and his shirt on but unbuttoned scratching his messy hair. 

“Smells good.” He said taking in a deep breath through his nose.  “Thank you” he said giving me a hug from behind.

Mike was being so affectionate lately and I couldn’t even stop him, I wanted it hell part of me needed it.  He had be too entirely sweet coming over last night; he knew how much I missed my parents whether we’ve been on speaking terms or not.

Since the party we were making a little progress, things just felt a little less strained at the office and my heart had some release from our talk in the conference room.  But last night was different entirely, his touches, his hugs.  They were just hugs but Mike’s hugs were always amazing, it was like in that moment nothing else mattered.

I took the stack of french toast to the table along with two place settings and served breakfast.

“Milk or orange juice?”

“Juice please.”  I replied before sitting down and covered my stack with syrup.

Mike came over placing orange juice in front of my plate before sitting down across from me and started eating.

It just dawned on me how easy this was, breakfast together.  I watched him devour the food greedily, unable to stop the smile on my face.

“Good?”

“Amazing! I can’t remember the last time I had a home-cooked meal.”

I looked up at him questioningly.

“You know I can’t cook.”

“Yeah” I laughed to myself, “I did know that.”

He laughed to before finishing up his french toast.

“So I have present for you.”  He announced, putting his dishes in the sink.  How is it that it seemed so natural for him to be this comfortable here?

“You do?” I questioned.  Now I was screwed I didn’t have anything for him, I didn’t know we were at that stage yet.

“Yeah, it’s no big deal.  I just thought of you when I saw it and I couldn’t pass it up.”  He just smiled at me before handing me a little package.  “Merry Christmas.”