Fixed Affection Chapter 1

This chapter is when they first meet, the whole story will not take place at this age. This is my first story, EVER. So I appreciate constructive criticsm.

Please Vote!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 2008

Currently I am sitting in the back of my dad's candy apple red '67 grand prix. My mom, dad and I are making our way to my dad's annual company summer picnic. Every year at the end of August dad throws a big picnic to celebrate everyone's hard work at the end of the busy summer. My dad is Charles "Chuck" Meyers; he is one of the most talented mechanics on this planet and with his knowledge has built himself a service center empire. "Chuck's Auto Repair" he wasn't too original on the name, but nevertheless he is quite successful and has multiple shops on the west coast and is branching out into Rocky Mountain area. I am sitting in the back of my dad's '67 because he has completely restored it on his own and has brought it to show it off, and his ability to some of the regional managers and new employees.

We finally pulled up and I had to wait for my mom to get out of the front seat so I could push it forward and get out, being careful that my dress didn't go up and me flash everybody here, most of them being guys so that would only add to my humiliation, not to mention everyone at the picnic came to a complete standstill, admiring my dad's handy work. Luckily I managed to get out with no difficulties. I took a moment to enjoy the heat of the day; I closed my eyes and opened my arms, willing the sun to touch me as much as possible. I live in Kirkland, Washington and the warmest it usually gets here is about 75 degrees and thankfully for me today was one of those days. I was wearing my new yellow sundress, it went just above my knee and was trimmed with thick bands of white and white straps that crossed in the back and had on some white flip-flops. I had pulled my hair up into a messy bun leaving a few tendrils out, it was a light chestnut brown with some blonde highlights, well that's what it was currently but it is an ever-changing thing in my life. My eyes were a light blue with flecks of blue and green in them and I just added some shimmer to bring them to life, I was always told I have big beautiful eyes, so I always try to make them pop.

My mom and dad made their way to go speak with some of dad's friends and colleagues and he said he wanted to introduce me to his summer hire, he said that if he did a good job at his shop in Seattle that they would consider keeping him on. So I followed them over to the gazebo where everyone was mingling and eating the food that was laid out, mostly chips and dips and a few veggie platters, but they had the grill going cooking burgers, and some shrimp, we do have access to good seafood after all. I was standing behind my parents and when my dad started talking to Paul; his second in charge, so I kinda started to space out staring at the few puffs of cloud in the sky, just enjoying the sunshine. I was broke out my revere by my dad tugging at my wrist pulling me forward, "Honey, this is the summer hire I was telling you about, Brenna meet Mike Chambers". I reached my right hand forward to shake his and when his hand touch mine a shock went coursing through my body, I looked up into the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen in my life, they too my breath away. I continued to gaze at his eyes, still feeling a bit overcome, and then finally was able to drag my eyes away from his and check out the rest of him. He had dark brown hair, maybe black that was a little shaggy but was just above his eyes. He was about 6'2 which was tall in comparison to my mere 5'5, and he was fit. My god he was fit, I could see his chest and his arms through his t-shirt, no doubt came from years of working on cars. Those were built naturally, not by hours at the gym, and you could tell. He broke the silence and my checking him out, "It's so nice to meet you Brenna" he said with a sexy smirk, he must have known I was checking him out and the effect he had on me. "You too" I replied not fully back to myself yet.