9.

Angel
Location: Chicago

"Hey Ms. Reese! Right on time, I have the paperwork right here for you and we'll bring you back in just a second" the nurse at the desk spoke.

"Thank yew" I responded grabbing the clipboard and signing the papers.

"What happened, what are we doing here?"

"What dew yew think?" I responded cause what kind of question is that, she see where we at.

"Ms. Reese we're ready for you come on back!" the nurse told us while we we're walking back towards a room.

"Here we are, Dr. Tiller will be right with you"

I sat down on table watching Flau'jae as she paced the room.

"Can yew sit down, please"

She stopped and gave me the nastiest look she has ever given me. She look like she was ready to beat my ass.

"Are you fu-" She started but stopped

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths before she just sat down not saying a word.

The door opened and the doctor came in "Ms. Reese, pleasure to meet you, I'm Dr. Tiller"

"From my understanding you just want a confirmation, correct? For that, i'll need you to lean back on the table so we can get the exam started."

"I'm going to need you to lift your shirt up so I can apply this gel and it may be a little cold"

I nodded as I did what he as asked.

I looked over at Flau'jae and she's visibly pissed.

I know i'm probably wrong for just ambushing her with the appointment but this is not something I wanted to tell her over the phone.

This wasn't a send the pic of the test type of thing considering the way we left things on my birthday. Plus I needed to be sure too, this was like a confirmation for the both of us.

It's better that it's this way so we can discuss the results and way forward too.

I only took a test because mom called me talking about some grandma dreaming about fishes so I needed to take a test.

I was against it cause I just knew it was gone be negative but mom insisted and kept bothering me about it so I went out and got one and took it.

You can imagine my surprise when it said positive. I didn't want to tell my mom but I didn't know what else to do.

She was the one who told me to make an appointment to confirm and I did that damn near immediately.

They tried to tell me I couldn't get in there cause they said I had to be at least 8 weeks but I told them I don't have that type of time and raised hell a little bit and they acted accordingly.

I'm hoping the test was a false positive but if grandma dreaming bout fishes, well.

That only happened a couple days ago. My mom has been my support through it all. She's a little too happy that if I am pregnant it'll be Flau'jae's too.

She definitely got in my ass talking about "I'm too young to be a grandma" until I said her name then she was all like "OMG, MY BABIES ARE HAVING A BABY!" like girl.

I'm actually surprised she didn't tell Flau'jae herself cause I know they still be talking.

I was annoyed with it at first when we first broke up cause she kept visiting her and it's like she just broke my heart but you in her face? So I had to tell her to at least stop going to see her cause I knew she wasn't about to stop calling her.