32.

Angel
Location: Chicago

Being at the game and participating in warmups knowing I couldn't play was something.

It was hard having to act like I was about to go to work knowing I wasn't stepping foot on the court.

I had to tell coach I couldn't play and wanted to tell the girls myself that I was done for the season but Coach derailed that whole thing when she put me in the starting lineup after I showed her the note from the doctor.

She was acting okay like it was fine and being super supportive when I told her but totally disregarded it when she decided to do that.

Why she did it, idk but she got her ass chewed out by mom, she literally is not playing when it comes to her grandchild.

I didn't even notice it because the team was too busy asking me about JC like i've known the boy my whole life.

"Ohhhh Angel, who's that? He's cute" Chen asked

"Since when so you know Josh Christopher???" Dana asked looking at me like she was jealous

"Since he came here with my brother?" I said laughing

"I literally just met him" I added

"So that means he up for grabs?" Kamilla asked which made Dana side eye her

I just shrugged.

I mean he is cute but just not what I want right now.

After they finally left me alone about JC, we were warming up and things were going by smoothly.

When Flau'jae was acting crazy on the sidelines I just knew something was wrong. I can't believe that this even happened.

She was getting on to me about being in the starting lineup and I was completely clueless about what she was talking about cause I shouldn't have been in it.

She grabbed my hand, pulling me away from the court, weaving me through the crowd to take me where Mom and Coach were probably somewhere arguing.

It caught me off guard but I didn't mind her pulling on me like that so when she apologized for it, I was a bit confused.

I also wouldn't have made my way over to Mom as easy if she didn't do it.

Anyways I walked over towards them and it was hell, I had to move them away from her tunnel cause my mom was cussing coach out bad.

"Are you dumb? You just said that she told you she couldn't play cause of her health and you still trying to play her, you need to be fired"

"How inconsiderate can you be, you used to be a player!" Mom was yelling

"Alright I done told you to stop raising your voice at me, Angel get your mom before it get rowdy in here"

"Mom can you calm down for a second, Coach why am I in the starting lineup?"

"Because I need you this game, I don't care what your note says you giving up on the team"

"ARE YOU STUPID! SHE COULD PASS OUT ON THE COURT AND YOU DON'T GIVE A FUCK, YOU SUCH A SHITTY COACH NO WONDER Y'ALL SUCK!"

I let mom yell cause Coach really is deserving of it.

"You keep yelling at me like y'all not over here lying about her condition, she looks fine and even said she can warm up what is the difference you fucking dumbass"

"Alright Coach, I think we need tew calm down. Yew understood when I told yew I couldn't play but could dew something light"

"Why are you acting like this now?" I questioned her