22.

Angel
Location: Chicago

When Flau'jae left the room, I started crying.

I thought I didn't have any tears left but I was wrong.

In the middle of me crying my mom started calling.

"Hey mom" I said while sniffing

"Crying?" She asked

"I'm okay" I responded

"Are yew on your way?" I asked

"I wasn't but I am now"

"Be there soon, stop crying, I love you" She told me as she hung up.

It took me five minutes to get my self together before I walked out my room, to see that Flau'jae was in the gym, packing her stuff.

"Mom's coming over in a little bit, she wants tew cook and have lunch"

"Are yew going somewhere?" I asked cause who she know in Chicago fr?

"Are you okay?" She asked as she looked up at me in stared into my eyes

"I will be, are yew leaving?" I told her looking aways asking her the same question she just ignored

"I was going to find somewhere to hoop" She responded

"Did yew hear what I said about mom?" I asked to make sure she heard what I said first

She nodded before I asked her if there was anything she wanted to eat before I just order something simple.

I really don't feel like eating anything so I was hoping she picked something but she didn't just telling me to get whatever I want. We gone be hungry then.

"There's a court in the backyard if yew are ok being outside" I let her know as I walked away.

I went down to the kitchen, looking through the fridge and my cabinets to see what I had, trying to figure out what I wanted mom to cook.

I can't lie, I kinda want her to fry me some fish.

I sat down at the island scrolling on my phone trying to get the grocery list together when Flau'jae came downstairs. She only had a sports bra on with her shorts rolled up and her shoes in hand. She did have a shirt over her shoulder but it didn't matter.

I was staring hard the entire time she walked to the backdoor until she looked over at me causing me to look back down at my phone.

It's not a mistake that I have a child, her child, growing in my belly, that night was something else.

I was almost happy at the thought until I remembered she doesn't want anything to do with me.

I want to get rid of the baby cause of the timing. I don't feel like sitting out a season. I like where my career is at right now and I want Flau'jae to have a good rookie season. Not saying that she won't because i'm pregnant but it'll be one less thing to worry about.

It also doesn't help that she doesn't want anything to do with me. I know she said we could co-parent but if we can't even be in the same room together, I don't want to do it.

If anything i'd like for us to at least be friends but even that seems impossible.

My thoughts were interrupted by the front door closing and my mom yelling

"Heeey my crybaby"

"mom" I said pouting

"It's okay we'll blame it on the hormones" She said coming over to hug me