23.

Flau'jae
Location: Chicago

I grabbed my stuff to go outside and get shots up on Angel's home court. I didn't put a shirt on but I grabbed one just in case cause I don't know how hot Chicago gets.

I walked past Angel in the kitchen going straight to the backdoor not making eye contact until I got closer to the door cause I could feel her staring.

I sat out there for a little before I actually put my shoes on. Her backyard was huge and she literally had a full size court back there.

I'm more so confused why she has this big ass house if it's just her living here.

Other than being in awe by her house again, I actually sat there thinking.

I really did have to beg her to tell me how she feels, like it doesn't make sense. I don't remember things being this hard with her.

We used to be able to talk, no matter how hard. Now it's nothing, we beat around the bush, we don't understand each other, we don't mesh.

I don't want to give up but it feels like my only option.

The breeze interrupted my train of thought, that shit was strong and cold, thank god the shirt I had was a long sleeve. I put it on, finally lacing my shoes up, and got up to put up shots.

brick after brick

I wasn't making anything and I was getting frustrated.

I slammed the ball down letting it go wherever before I walked back to the house.

I was breathing hard and the wind didn't make it any better.

I walked in the house to see that Mom was here and she was embracing Angel, who looked like she was crying again.

I just apologized for interrupting, letting them know I needed some to drink.

Mom let go of Angel and turning around looking at me.

"Hey mom" I said smiling walking towards the fridge as Angel told me the drinks was in the drawer

Mom looked and smiled before telling me she was frying fish. She called Angel big mama and was laughing about it but it wasn't funny to me cause she just reminded me she doesn't want to keep it.

I just looked at her, not laughing, making mom stop laughing too

"I'm sure she told you she doesn't want to keep it" I spoke closing the fridge starting to walk towards the backdoor

Mom stopped me, grabbing me by the arm "But did you tell her what you want?"

I shook my head as I escaped mom's grip, continuing to walk out the door.

"I suggest you don't walk out that door" Mom said in a stern tone

I screamed internally as I turned around and stopped walking looking between mom and Angel

"I told her I was willing to co-parent" I spoke watching Angel

"And?" Mom asked

"She was more worried about me not wanting to be with her, saying she didn't want to try to force me to be with her" I said looking away from both of them.

I didn't feel like talking about this not knowing whether anything Angel said last night was real.

"Can we finish this later?" I asked in a slightly annoyed tone

"Mhm, come in here with a better attitude, we'll talk later" Mom told me

I nodded before walking out the door.