13.

Angel
Location: Chicago

present day back at the restaurant

After Flau'jae told me that she doesn't want to be with me because

"you can never tell me how you feel about me unless you want to fuck or did you forget?"

I just left and went back to the table to be with mom. Hell I only went out there because of her in the first place.

When Flau'jae got up and left saying she needed a break mom was getting on my case like I was the bad guy, telling me to go check on her so I did and look where that got me.

"Is she coming back in?" Mom asked when I sat back down.

"I'm not sure"

"Angel, sweetheart, Flau'jae aside. What do you want to do about this baby?"

"I'm not sure" I said again.

"Is this something you want for yourself? To be a mom right now" She asked

I honestly don't know. I've been so laser focused on my career that having a kid hasn't been on my mind. I mean i'm only 24 and i'm barely in my prime.

I'm only in my third year so if I decide to keep it, I can always come back and be good. My only concern is that we have a real chance at being a top three contender this year, do I want to stop playing basketball for a season to be a mother? Do I even want to be a mother right now?

"I'm thinking about my career right now, i'm not thinking about kids."

"Well you have one growing in your belly so you have to think about them now"

"Mom, I don't know! I feel like this a decision I need tew make with Flau'jae but we can't even have a conversation with each other without it getting out of hand"

"That seems like a sign within itself that we don't need a baby"

I'm getting frustrated and I know she can tell. I just feel like everything is on me to decide when it took both of us for this to even happen

"Angel, again, i'm asking about you and you only"

"Do YOU see yourself as a mother, is this a responsibility you want?"

"And it's okay for you to say you don't know, i'm not trying to pressure to answer right away, I just want to know where your head is at"

She grabbed my hand and held it as she looked me in my eye

"I love you and support whatever it is you choose. You know i'll be here for you always"

"I love you teww" I said fighting back tears

Flau'jae came back in and sat down and just looked at me, giving me a soft smile. She probably can tell i'm ready to start boohooing that's why she smiled at me.

"I'm sorry I left and was gone so long" She spoke

"It's okay, it was a valid reaction, i'm just glad you came back" Mom said smiling at her

"I think that's enough heavy stuff today, let's talk about something else"

"Yea let's talk about you being an Atlanta hater" Flau'jae said which made me laugh a little bit

"Well until you become my daughter officially thats how i'm gone stay"

"Mooooom!" I groaned

She looked at me like what she just said wasn't wild. I literally just said we can't even hold a conversation together and she talking about marriage.