The childhood

Isadora
My eyes flutter open adjusting to the light of the room, a heavy weight pinning me down as my arms are wrapped on something warm. I look down to see Dante's head laying on my chest with an arm over me on the other side of my waist while my body subconsciously embraces him in response.

He slept here without having nightmares?

My hand trails up to his head, shifting it allowing me to squirm out but instead he jolts awake, placing a palm on my chest pinning me down which causing me to gasp. Realization kicks and he immediately crawls off the bed as he takes note of where he is.

"I didn't mean-"

"It's okay" I reassure but dismisses it as he turns around heading towards the door. I must add he certainly looks more intriguing in the morning, his hair ruffled, lean build with casual clothing that shows his biceps and broad shoulders.

"You don't have to leave" my mouth blurts out almost as I think of why he'd want to leave abruptly as if uncomfortable with my presence. He stops his tracks, turning around to bless me with his well structured face

"I mean I wouldn't hate the company, I got my fair share of being isolated yesterday"

"Lea will be here soon" he replies, eyes boring into mine as he seems to make up an excuse to be anywhere but with me

"I can tell from your body language you're uncomfortable, do I make you uncomfortable?"

"No" he replies after a few seconds while my eyebrows shoot up

"I thought you don't lie"

"I'm not"

"Prove it" I remain on the bed, head strong as I watch him stalk back to me.

"Is that a challenge Isadora" he says lowly, placing both hands on the bed as he lowers his head down to my level

"I just think you should have no problem spending time with me" his face is close I can feel every breath he lets out, the tension rising and chocking as we stare intently into each other

"Be down in 30" he remarks pulling away with a smirk plastered across his face

"Why where are we going?" I watch as his back faces me once more, the distance increasing by every step

"Don't wear a dress" he ignores my question, making sure to close the door behind him as he leaves the room.

~~~

I look at myself in the mirror once more, my hair tied up into a bun with little curly pieces dangling off at my sides. My pants flow down my legs perfectly with the matching top which is also tied around my waist. I'm not entirely sure where we're going but I chose comfort over everything else.

I make my way down the stairs, following a familiar voice towards the kitchen

I make my way down the stairs, following a familiar voice towards the kitchen. Dante's back is turned to me as he argues with whoever's on the phone with a glass of water in his other hand. My heels make more noises as I move closer to him which makes him face me only to hang up in an instant.