The morning after

Isadora
My eyes snap up as I regain consciousness, last nights activities crashing down on me as I realize I'm naked under my duvet. I look to my side hoping for something but my throat tightens in disappointment as I take note of the empty space.

I have no idea why I'd hope he'd be laying here with me.

Glancing at the clock nearby I throw my cover off, getting off the bed to get ready for breakfast. Soreness courses through me with every step I take, my back aching a lot more than every other section.

The lights to my bathroom automatically turn on as I step into it, my mouth dropping at the sight of dark spots on my neck. The after math of the love bites he left looked like a fat bruise as if he'd strangled me so hard. The mark stained almost every aspect of my neck even trailing down to my chest. How am I supposed to walk out like this?

This is exactly what he wanted.

Unfortunately no amount of foundation can hide this and I'm forced to walk the halls like this today. My ass keeps on throbbing causing me to tip toe high enough to view a hand print on my ass cheek.

"What the..." I whisper to myself astonished at how that was even possible to accomplish. The rest of my face was fine except my puffed lips that looked like I'd been kissed for hours and hours. I quickly washed my face alongside brushing my teeth before slipping into a sweats and letting my hair fall down to cover my neck as much as possible.

Hoping Dante had left for work already I walk over to the dining room eagerly but disappointment fills me once again to see not only him but Emilio, Lea and Soleil all seated at the table. They seem to be talking about someone important but I don't miss the fact that my usual spot is vacant while Emilio is seated on his left across from me.

They all acknowledge me before returning to business while I make sure not to look in Dante's way. I can tell he's attention is solely on me as I sit down slowly, masking the ache of sitting down on my ass. Soleil speaks which forces him to tear his gaze on me causing me to look onto Emilio who has a knowing expression on his face.

Various fruits are cut out on the table as well as waffles and pancakes, not to forget croissants, eggs, bacon and macarons.

This has to be the most awkward time of my life and I can't continue like this. Soleil informs the group on some data and I quietly pick out my food before standing back up, attempting leave as Dante interrupts

"Where are you going ?" He asks looking up to me as silence fills the room

"You guys seem to be very much busy so I'll just eat in the kitchen" I explain looking at everything but him

"Sit down here and eat" he orders and I listen with no objection, the faster I eat the faster I can leave and hide in my room. Soleil continues rambling some more and Lea adds on. My eyes crawl up to his face, his lips are also slightly swollen but I dart my eyes almost immediately as he seems to look my way once more.

"And starting from today I can bring Isadora into the office for proper training" Soleil finishes which causes me to abruptly speak out

"Actually I'd prefer if Lea does it" Soleil makes me feel something similar to envy and I hate it for I have no idea why that is so. The room grows silent once more, Soleil pausing as if waiting for Dante to say something but he doesn't which causes her to continue

"Lea doesn't specialize in the training we're referring to therefore such things can't happen" she explains almost as if she's enjoying the fantasies of tormenting me before our training even begins

I continue eating as I listen to them make a solid foundation of the plan to find Eamon and take him down.

"Is everything alright Isa?" Lea asks beside me as she notices my unease