The prosecuter

Isadora
I step inside the elevator, drawing my wrist up to take a note of the time. Lèa would've already been waiting, I had slept in a bit after I came home late last night. I was fixated on trying to find more proof to help my case today at court which I did but eventually lost track of time when I saw it was already 2 am.

The elevator dings again to indicate it's reached the floor and I immediately step out, the sound of heels hitting the marble tiles as I make my way to my office. Lèa starts to walk over me hurriedly as she realizes my presence, her expressions hinting a slight alarm of worry.

"Here's your coffee, I did look into the emails of John and found a threat message 2 days before Juliette had been murdered" she exhaled as she picks up her pace trying to maintain strides with me as I enter my office

"Right okay but I need something more, check the recent places he's been to using the gps history on his car-"

"Do we have a warrant for that?"

"I guess you can start by getting one then" I force a smile, insisting she has to get one herself. She nods in acceptance, turning her back to me and about to walk out before she yelps

"Oh and you are due in court in 30 min"

"Lèa!" I panic "Could've led with that from the very beginning" I immediately jolt up from my seat and start getting my stationaries ready.

"I didn't know you didn't know, do you at least know what the case is?"

"If I did, this conversation wouldn't be a surprise to me at all" I glare, she quickly runs out and back in with a folder in her hands. She hands the files to me, adjusting her glasses as she clears her throat.

"Her name is Emilia Pascal, she claims that her bakery shop was vandalized by a 16 year old girl and is pressing charges" she briefs as I look through the pictures of the so called vandalism on the wall.

"Let's just get this over with, oh and please get me something before I return to court for John's case" I close the folder, putting it in my bag as well as highlighters, pens,pencils and a lined notebook.

"Jacque is already waiting at the entrance, and don't forget your coffee" she informs, Lèa can sometimes act less of an assistant and more of a mom but she's really good at what she does.

That reminds me I'm having dinner with my aunt and uncle tonight because they are flying all over Europe and decided to stop by here. I walk out the firm and enter inside the suv parked waiting for me.

"Morning Jacque" I greet closing the door of the car

"Bonjour madame!" Jacque is my personal driver who I met when he hired me for a case. He didn't have any money to pay me so I insisted he didn't need to but instead pay me back by driving me because I needed a driver.

"Long night?" He questions, eyeing me from the rear view mirror.

"A very long one, just trying to find a slip up John might've had to give me an upper hand to winning this case but so far nothing, yet" I sigh, looking through the information of Emilia.

My grandmother's name is Emilia who is alive and well, maybe it's a sign and God telling me I'm about to win this case.

"I'm sure something will pop up" he replies with an exasperated smile.

"Can you please pick up the pace, I'm afraid I am running out of time" I plead and he does just that.

~~~~

I barge in the court room 5 min after the starting time which makes everyone look at me.

"My apologies your honour-"

"Save the excuses Ms Morano, shall we begin now?" The judge raises her brow and I nod my head as I reach my client.

"My name is Isadora and I'm your lawyer, now our options are to press charges and sue or just let her off with a warning and making her paint the wall back" I explain to the blonde haired lady seated beside me.

"Your honour may we approach?" The defence lawyer asks before Emilia could respond and the judge motions for us to come through.

"We're running out of time Emilia pick and decide" I rush, straightening my blazer as I stand.

"Second option" she accepts and I quickly nod, joining the defence lawyer up front to talk to the judge

"Your honour-"

"Your honour my client has changed her mind about pressing charges and instead wants the girl to paint over the wall back, with the original colour of course" I interrupt but my opponent seems to not agree with my statement given his expression

"Your honour we live in a new generation with all things considered this is just decorative graffiti and should let it slide with a warning because my client didn't know better"

"She's a 16 year old girl, I'm sure she knows better and in my defence anything that isn't consensual graffiti on someone else's property is vandalism so if I were you, I'd take the deal before I change my mind about the suing" I bite, turning my head back to the judge to see what she has to say

"Very well then" she thinks before looking into the clients "Marinette you're left with a warning alongside having to paint over with the original colour, case adjourned" she says which is followed by three bangs from a gavel.

I walk back, watching as Marinette glares as Emily with her jaw tight. Would she rather get sued?

"You just need to sign this form and drop it by the firm when you can" I explain before grabbing my bag and rushing out

This has got to be the most unnecessary case I've ever had.

"Back to the firm?" Jacque asks as I get into the car again.

"Yup" I breathe, pulling out my laptop to go through emails. Looks like my boss needs to see me urgently which could only mean one thing.

-----------
First chapter!!! This is just showing obviously how her life is before certain events happen and how her character changes overtime.

The cases used in the chapter are influenced from 'The Lincoln lawyer' on Netflix! It's soooo good I love it. Please go watch it rn.

Don't forget to vote my lovelies!!