The confession

Dante
I head inside my office, watching as people scramble about due to the current events. I got robbed while distracted earlier but no one steals from me and gets away with it. I have a feeling this might be one of Eamons tricks to catch me off guard and less time to strike back, especially when robbing me of newer weapons that was supposed to arrive today. But as stupid as he is, he is bed ridden at least for now which makes him vulnerable so I'm not entirely sure he was behind this attack.

"Sir we have a location on the shipments" One of my workers say as I walk into the main operation room. It was only matter of time before we found it, I make sure all my shipments have an inbuilt tracking device, almost similar to Isadora's ring.

"I want Emilio to assist me, I'll go retrieve the shipment myself and also inform my team as well, we're going to need back up if it's who I think is behind this" I order, he nods his head before leaving my presence, tapping his earpiece. I use this time to load my gun, heading to the arsenal room.

I gear up with a bulletproof vest tucked under my button up shirt, a dagger secured to my ankle, and my reliable pistol to my side. More of my team enter the room doing about the same thing but I don't wait, I leave the room heading over to the underground parking where my motorcycle is parked.

They'll meet me there eventually.

It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the warehouse while going over speed limits my significant amounts. I make sure to park a great distance away from the building looks quite shady. You can almost feel the tension in the air, as if the walls themselves are whispering secrets of the dangerous items hidden within. Shadows dance in the dimly lit windows, giving the impression of people lurking inside. The exterior is nondescript, blending into the industrial surroundings, yet it exudes an aura of mystery and danger, allowing adrenaline to rush through my veins like a candle that has ignited.

Emilio and the rest of the team arrive and I use hand gestures to assign their moves. It only takes a couple of seconds before the warehouse turns into a battleground, my senses heightened as I face off my adversaries.

Gunfire erupts, sharp cracks echoing off the walls as I move with calculated precision, dodging bullets and returning fire. Each enemy that stands in my way is met with a swift and decisive response from me and my men. The grunts of exertion and shouts of my command fills the air.

In the midst of the chaos, I find myself in close combat, fists and bodies colliding around me.

~~~

Isadora
I stare upon Ares who's deep in his sleep on his bed in my room. My eyes peer up to the clock for the 5th time as it reads 1:37, worry creeps up on me as I come to the realization that Dante is still not back home. I am aware of the fallout we had earlier but that doesn't give him the right to not come home at all.

I tried calling Emilio but his phone goes straight to voicemail as well as Lea's.

The sound of a door slamming jolts me out of my thought. I don't think twice but to scramble off my bed heading out my room as Area follows me. The sound came from Dante's side of the hallway in which I head over to his room, not bothering to knock the door as I barge in.

His back is facing me, head hung low as it looks like he's unbuttoning his shirt.

"You shouldn't be in here" he warns lowly causing me to scoff

"I cannot believe you! Do you know what time it is? It is one thing to yell at me and fight with me and it's another to come home this late and have me worried sick! You could've called—" I'm cut off, taken back by the sight of blood gathering around his stomach, a busted lip and bruises everywhere as he turns to face me. The crimson blood staining his white shirt makes my stomach churn as I try to find words.

"Oh my goodness, what happened" I draw closer to him as he drops his shirt on the ground, his eyes darkening while mine only widens

"It's nothing" he spits out as if not feeling pain from the various injuries.

"It's not nothing Dante you're bleeding" I shake my head in disbelief with a slight discomfort as I move closer to him with his feet glued to the ground

"What did you do? Go fight a bear ?" I ask walking into his bathroom to get first aid treatment. Expecting him to be seated once I return he still remains in his old position.

"I can do that myself" he snatches the item from me, turning his back as he places them on the coffee table.

"Don't be stupid, I can-"

"You don't need to worry about me Isadora! I said I'm fine okay?"

"You don't get to tell me how to feel! Christ I'm sick and tired of telling myself that so now I have to worry about you now?"

"I don't even know what you mean by that!"

"I have to constantly remind myself why I should hate you and not care for you every single time! I try to convince myself the type of person you are but I've come to conclusion why that is, you make me loose my mind! I have to act like I hate you so I don't realize I'm actually falling in love with you! I feel like I'm crazy because despite what you are I can't stop feeling like this!" My chest heaves up and down as I take multiple breaths in. I curse myself for just saying that out loud, can I just run away and never be seen again, or just crawl into a hole. An unknown expression is plastered on his face as I wait for him to say something.

"No" he says almost like a whisper, my heart stings as tears threaten to escape.

"No?" I ask shaking my head

"No Isadora!" His fist smashes against the glass table causing to shatter in pieces, allowing me to retain some distance from him.

"I'm not someone you love I'm someone you hate! Someone you wish death upon, someone who's—who's incapable of love! Someone who definitely cannot be loved!" He stops, and I pick something from a hint in his eyes, an emotion I never encountered with him before

Fear.

_______________________________
Highly not edited, hope you enjoyed this short chapter!

Vote and comment!!!