Chapter 14

I'll back you up was a phrase Lisa had heard many times before.

For instance, when she was young, Mingyu would often act like a big brother and say confidently, "Lisa, did Jungkook bully you again? Don't worry, I'll back you up!"

His grandiose declaration, filled with vigor, was quite impressive and intimidating.

Unfortunately, Lisa had never believed him.

However, Jungkook's casual and even nonchalant remark now somehow gave her a little... feeling of assurance.

Pushing aside her strange thoughts, Lisa composed herself, glanced at him, and retorted, "Do I look like someone who can be bullied? Of course, that little white lotus got scared off by me."

Jungkook chuckled lightly in response, "En."

For some reason, Lisa also curved her lips slightly, then suddenly noticed that the atmosphere in the car seemed unusually harmonious.

So harmonious that it felt a bit unfamiliar.

The curve of her lips gradually faded, and she turned her head to look out the window.

Jungkook seemed to have noticed too, and for a long while, neither of them spoke.

Outside the car window, the streetlights passed one by one, and in the hazy light, shadows retreated rapidly.

Finally, he broke the silence and asked, "Was she the one who spread the rumors about our relationship back then?"

Lisa replied, "Yes."

The whole incident was quite infuriating.

Feng Shiru was a narrow minded person. She had a crush on Jungkook but didn't dare to confess, and she seemed to suspect every girl of having a connection with him. Among them, Lisa became the biggest target—she and Jungkook were childhood friends and later attended tutoring classes together, naturally having a closer relationship than regular classmates.

In Feng Shiru's eyes, this became evidence of her supposed involvement with Jungkook.

Later, the matter reached Cen Xinyan's ears, and when Lisa complained to Mingyu and the others in frustration, she accidentally revealed the incident of being falsely accused of early dating.

One day before their tutoring class, they were all sitting together eating fruits. Somehow, the conversation turned to Feng Shiru.

Mingyu suddenly coughed and said, "Jungkook, Lisa, there's something I've been wanting to say for a long time—Are you two really dating?"

How did she respond back then?

Right, she picked up a physics book and was about to hit him, saying, "Don't dodge, bring your head over, and I'll check your temperature!"

Mingyu fled with his head in his hands, finally curling up on the sofa with a look of grievance, saying, "But you two look good together... Have you ever considered exploring it further?"

Lisa retorted irritably, "Looking good together my foot! No need to explore anything!"

"What about you, Jungkook?" Mingyu asked, sticking his neck out again.

Jungkook seemed to have started doing homework at that time—he might look carefree, but his grades were excellent.

He lifted his head slightly upon hearing Mingyu's question, and his gaze swept lightly towards her before replying, "Not interested."

Lisa huffed, "Coincidentally, I'm not interested in you either."

......

She didn't know if it was to refute Cen Xinyan's baseless suspicions or because she had been praised by countless boys since childhood, Jungkook's words slightly hurt her self-esteem... In any case, Lisa found him increasingly unpleasant since then.