29. Eternal Promises.

K R I S H A V'S P O V

As Jeeva disappeared into her hostel, I stood there, feeling an overwhelming fear of losing her. Her words echoed in my mind, each one a dagger to my heart.

She wanted me to go away from her, to not be a distraction. I knew she said it out of sadness, probably because of what my parents had said about her.

But what could they have said to hurt her this much?

I got on my bike, my heart heavy with the pain of her words and the fear of our separation. The roar of the engine was drowned out by the storm of thoughts swirling in my head.

I needed to know what had happened yesterday, what my parents had said that made her feel this way.

As I rode towards my parents' mansion, memories of our time together flooded my mind. Her laughter, her smile, the way her eyes lit up when she talked about her dreams. How could I leave all that behind?

But for her happiness, I would go. Yet, I needed to understand the reason behind her pain.

Arriving at the mansion, I parked my bike and took a deep breath, steeling myself for the confrontation ahead.

The house loomed before me, a place that had always been home but now felt like the source of all my turmoil.

I walked inside, my footsteps echoing in the quiet hallway, leading me to the living room where my parents were sitting.

They looked up as I entered, surprise flickering across their faces. I didn't wait for them to speak. "What did you say to Jeeva yesterday?"

My father frowned. "What are you talking about, Krishav?"

"Jeeva," I said, my voice strained with emotion. "She was fine until she heard something that made her want to push me away. What did you say about her?"

My mother exchanged a glance with my father before speaking. "We were just discussing your future, Krishav. We didn't say anything bad about her."

I clenched my fists, trying to keep my composure. "She wouldn't react like this if it was just about my future. She feels hurt and unwanted. What did you say?"

My mother sighed, looking a bit uncomfortable. "We might have mentioned that she's from a small town and that you should focus on your career instead of getting distracted by a relationship."

The words hit me like a punch to the gut. I took a deep breath, fighting back the anger and frustration bubbling inside me. "Do you even realize what you've done? She thinks she's holding me back, that she's a distraction. You've made her feel like she's not good enough for me."

My father stood up, trying to defuse the situation. "Krishav, we only want what's best for you. This opportunity in California is crucial for your future."

I shook my head, the frustration boiling over. "You've only done what you think is best for me, from your perspective. What about mine? Have you ever asked me what I wanted? Do you even know what makes me happy?"

They looked at me, confused and hurt, but I pressed on, the words pouring out in a torrent of emotion. "When I was little, I wanted to stay with you, but you sent me away to dadu, here in Indore, saying you couldn't keep me because of business problems. I accepted it.

But then, just when I started feeling the love and happiness I had always longed for with dadu, you took me away from that and brought me back to Jaipur, claiming that he couldn't take care of me because he was getting old.

When I returned, my parents never had time for me. They never even asked simple things like, 'Beta, tune khana khaya ke nahi? tune apna homework complete kiya ke nahi?'