32. Heartbreak.

After 2.5 years,

J E E V A'S   P O V

"Oh my God! Are you serious?" I exclaim, staring at Aditi, who nods her head innocently.

"Is that why you were asking me to come to Jaipur? To tell me this news?" I ask, disbelief clear in my voice. Again, she nods, her expression still innocent.

Making a crying face, I ask, "Are you really getting married?"

Aditi copies my expression and nods again.

"Tu itni badi kaise ho gayi?" I ask her, feeling a mix of surprise and emotion.

(When did you grew up this much?)

"Jaise tu ho gayi," she responds, her tone equally playful and affectionate.

(When you did.)

I sigh deeply, lost in my thoughts when a voice interrupts me, "Ab kya soch rahi hai?"

(What are you thinking now?)

I look up to see Dev sitting across from Aditi, his eyes questioning. "Now I have to do so much shopping for your wedding," I reply, a hint of exasperation in my voice.

Aditi's eyes light up as she says excitedly, "That's another reason I called you to Jaipur—for shopping for my wedding!"

"What are we waiting for then? Let's go! We have no time to discuss anything further. We should start shopping ASAP," I declare with urgency. Aditi nods in agreement.

"But before that, I want to eat something. I'm hungry," I say, my stomach growling in agreement.

Dev looks at me with concern. "Didn't you have any lunch?"

I shake my head. "Yesterday, I came to Udaipur from Mumbai, and this morning Aditi called me to Jaipur, saying it was an emergency. So I didn't even unpack my bags and came straight here," I explain, glaring at Aditi, who smiles at me sheepishly.

Dev chuckles and shakes his head. "Alright, I'll order food for us."

As we wait for the food, I ask, "Have you sent invitations to everyone? The wedding is in two weeks, and you haven't done a thing yet."

Dev replies confidently, "Yes, we've sent the invitations to everyone. Everything is done—from booking the City Palace of Udaipur to hiring the caterers."

"The only thing left is shopping for our wedding dresses," Aditi adds, a bit shyly.

I shake my head. "You should have bought the wedding attires a month ago. It takes time to get everything ready."

Aditi blushes and explains, "We decided on the wedding a week ago because Dev can't wait for the date after six months."

Dev blushes too, and I can't help but smile at their cuteness. We are seated in a cozy café-restaurant in Jaipur, which I learn is owned by Dev, discussing their upcoming wedding.

The waiter interrupts us by placing the food on the table. I start serving myself when Dev asks, "Can you serve us too?"

I serve Aditi and then give Dev a tight-lipped smile, saying, "Self-service for you."

Dev murmurs under his breath, sulking like a kid, "I will complain to Krishav when he comes."

I hear him clearly, and my heart skips a beat at the mention of Krishav's name.

I look down at my plate, trying to focus on my food as I eat. The flavorful aroma of the dishes surrounds me, but I can barely taste anything. My mind is racing with the news Aditi just shared. Suddenly, Aditi's voice breaks through my thoughts.