17. Baby

Author's POV

One month has passed. Every day, Krishav meets Jeeva at the library so that they can spend time together at the end of the day.

In order to prevent interruptions to Jeeva's studies, he waits outside the library until she is done.

Their friendship had grown to be very close.

Jeeva also developed a strong bond with Aditi and Dev. On Sundays, the four of them go out together.

Jeeva is likewise succeeding greatly in her studies. She studies for the most of the day.

She also practices her guitar in her spare time, when she is not studying or hanging out with friends.

But there is someone who keeps an eye on her like an eagle on its prey.

Someone stares at her alone all the time. one who endures great suffering whenever Jeeva is near Krishav. who, in just one month, has grown so devoted to her that he would kill anyone for her.

Jeeva occasionally senses that someone is staring at her as well, but she chooses to disregard this sensation because nothing has appeared in front of her up to this point.

Right now it's 6:35 p.m.

She is currently studying in the library.

When her phone rings, she looks at the caller ID and realizes it was Aarav. Her expression breaks into a smile. She picks up the phone swiftly. And she says hello while holding the phone up to her ear.

From the other side, a voice says, "What Hello? Do you not miss us? Do we need to give you a call every time? Can't you call us yourself first?"

"Ar-"

"How come she would remember us? she has made new friends," says Shrey, interrupting me.

"Arey, aesa kuch nahi hai," she said.

(there's nothing like that.)

"Toh kaisa hai fir?" aarav said.

(So how is it then?)

"I don't have time to call anyone this week because I have tests," she said , collecting her books.

"Even when you don't have any tests, you don't call," Aarav said.

"Oye, tu toh bol hi mat. Khud apni girlfriend ke saath din bhar laga rehta hai or mujhe bol raha hai ki yaad nahi karti. Tera na number hi nahi dena chahiye tha mujhe neha ko,"Jeeva said.

(Don't speak. You continue to spend your day with your girlfriend. so you are claiming that I am forgetful. It was improper of me to offer her your phone number.)

"Arey tu toh gussa ho gayi, hehehe. I was just kidding yaar," He said.

"Aaya bada kidding karne wala," she said.

"Are you both done?" Shrey said.

"Yeah" said Aarav.

They talked for some time. Then Jeeva disconnected the call.

Jeeva had packed her bag while talking on the phone. And just as she was leaving, she ran into someone and collapsed.

Due to which her leg got twisted.

"Ahh," She winced in pain.

"Hey, are you okay?" a man said as he bent down to her level.

"I am sorry, I was preoccupied with the phone and failed to notice you approaching," he added.