22 ~ living together in peace

     Clarke wasn't kidding when she told them that Finn had set up a meeting with the grounders

     Clarke wasn't kidding when she told them that Finn had set up a meeting with the grounders. A while after she did, Bellamy, Raven, Jasper, and River all followed suit, but made sure not to be seen by Finn, because he wasn't in agreement that they should bring backup — which the four of them were, so they could be there if anything was to go wrong.

      Daylight had appeared once they finally reached the point where they were supposed to meet up. River moved forward to see clearer from behind the bush the group was hiding behind. No grounders were on sight on the bridge before them — only Octavia was stood in the middle of it. She seemed to be waiting on someone, River noticed.

      Surely enough, seconds later Lincoln came jogging up to her before embracing her in a hug. River smiled to herself. Octavia had told her all about how he'd kissed her right before he left.

      An idea spiked in River's mind. One she knew Bellamy wouldn't like — exactly why she didn't tell him.

      "I'm gonna go a little closer to get a better look—" River attempted, but Bellamy stopped her immediately as he grabbed her arm.

       "No, you're not" Bellamy said, sternly.

      "Bellamy, I'll be careful. I promise"

      Bellamy thought it through for a moment before he sighed in defeat.

      "Fine. But don't go further than the bush right there" He pointed to a bush nearby. "Okay?"

       River nodded. "I won't"

      With that she walked off, careful not to make too much noise. She reached the bush Bellamy had specially told her to not walk beyond and kept walking, only stopping once she ended up on the bridge with Finn, Clarke, Octavia, and Lincoln.

      "River?" Octavia noticed her presence. "What are you doing here?"

      River smiled softly as she scurried up to stand beside Clarke and Finn. "To help"