Chapter 1: The Mage and the Lost Boy in the Snow

On a cold snowy evening, on a planet called Thaumarata. The snow falls and the cold air blows. The snow continues to fall in a large forest of pine trees and mountain areas. With winter here, there are no signs of life during this season. But then...

"Hello!" A voice as a child calls out.

The voice calls out again, "Hello! Anyone here!"

And there, somewhere in the forest is a young boy, around nine years old, walking in the snow, cold, tired, and weak.

The little boy is an unusual creature. He has red skin, red irises with yellow pupils, and has a heart-shaped skull symbol on the center of his forehead. He also has sharp yellow teeth in his mouth with a small fork-like tongue. The boy has broad forearms and hands, and a slightly long narrow head. He also has curved, black and white striped horns. His tail ends with a triangular point.

He is wearing a pink shirt, with two purple colored overalls, and black boots. However, it shows that his clothes have been badly burned. There are various sizes of burns covering parts of his forearms, chest, and his tail, as well as most of the right side of his face. On his chest is some strange looking crystal attached to it. It's a dark red color and it's in the shape of a heart. Around his neck is a rose gold colored chain with a pendant attached. There is red ruby glass around the inner heart base, and the center has a crescent moon and a strange seal or symbol next to it.

The little boy has his arms wrapped around himself as he feels the pain of the burns on his body. He struggles to keep moving through the snow as the wind continues blowing and snow falls from the sky. His body begins shivering and is on the verge of frostbites.

The young boy is on the verge of tears as he cries out, "Someone! Anyone! Help! Help!"

The boy feels weaker and feels very cold and exhausted.

"Help! Someone help..." the boy calls out, but lets out a gasp in shock.

What the boy sees a strange dark figure approaching him, and appears to be having a strange bright yellow light. The little boy slowly steps back, stumbles and falls on his bottom in the snow. The figure continues to approach him and the little boy becomes frightened and shields his eyes in fear.

He expects the end of him, but, "Oh my goodness."

The little horned boy slowly removes his arms from over his eyes and looks to see the silhouette is a figure wearing a dark blue hooded robe. The figure is holding some strange wooden staff with an amber yellow round orb on it, making the strange glow.

The figure then removes her hood to reveal herself to be a human woman. She has beautiful long wavy black hair, ocean green eyes, and fair skin. She is also wearing gold hoop earrings. However, it also shows her having a light green halo over her head and white angel wings on her back.

The woman asks, "What are you doing out here, child? It's very cold this time of year."

"I... I don't know..." The boy answers, frightened and tears fall down his face, "I... I woke up in this place.... I've been walking around for um... I don't know how long or where to go... My body hurts... I'm cold... I'm... I'm... I'm all alone!" and soon begins to cry.

The woman kneels down to the boy, "Oh shh shh shh. It's okay. No need to cry."

The woman then gently rubs the boy by his right cheek, causing him to flinch in pain. The woman gasps in shock to notice the boy has been badly burned and his clothes are burned.

"Oh you poor child," The woman says.

She then reaches her hands out as her staff floats on its own, and picks up the child. She rocks the boy in her arms as she comforts him.