Chapter 12: Radio Killed the Video Star Part 2

Sometime later, back at the hotel...

The Ink Demons are currently fixing the hole in the wall. Charlie and Vaggie soon return from their outing. Charlie throws herself onto a couch, exhausted.

"Soooo? How'd it go?" Angel questions.

Vaggie sighs, "Not a single new recruit."

"Yeah well, who would wanna use their last days not fucking and fighting?" Angel responds, and checks on his phone.

"Angel, watch your language around the kids," Loona says.

"Fine," Angel says.

Suddenly, Angel feels something or someone tapping his leg. Followed by a choice, "Fluffy Angel."

Angel looks down to see Tilla, "Hey Tilla."

Angel picks her up and places the toddler on his lap.

"I think Tilla wants to play with you a little," Blitz says.

"Guess so," Angel says and ruffles the girl's head.

"Still, you never knew, maybe someone will be coming here to the hotel," Blitz says.

Angel rolls his eyes, "I don't know. After this new extermination deadline, I doubt anyone would want to stay in this hotel."

"Never say never," Blitz says.

Suddenly, the group hears knocking at the front door.

Vaggie then walks to the front door and opens it. When Vaggie opens the door, she sees Sir Pentious holding his hat.

With a smile, Sir Pentious says, "Why, hello my dears—"

But Pentious gets cut off by Vaggie punching him in the face, and then she brings out her spear at him.

Pentious cowers in fear with the tip barely at his neck, "Wait, wait, wait! I come in peace," and holds out a peace sign gesture.

"What are you doing here?" Vaggie demands.

Soon, Charlie appears behind Vaggie, "Vaggie, what's the problem?"

Charlie gasps with a smile, "Oh! Hello again!"

"I didn't come looking for a fight," Pentious says as he stands back up, "I uhh.. I heard that you're helping people, people who want to be better?"

Charlie lets out a gasp of excitement and runs over to grab hand, "You heard right! Welcome to our home of healing, our resort of restoration, our-" And leads him to the front door.

But Angel appears from the front and cuts her off in anger, "Are you fucking nuts? This chump was trying to kill us like literally 6 hours ago! And now you wanna bring him in here to live with us?"

"Absolutely!" Charlie quickly answers with glee, "This place is about second chances, and who deserves one more than this slithery... slippery..." and gives pentious a soft elbow on his arm, "Special little man!"

Angel asks Vaggie, "Aren't you supposed to protect this place?"

Charlie gives her puppy-dog eyes, begging Vaggie to give Sir Pentious a chance to live in the hotel.

Vaggie soon gives in with a sigh, "I guess he's not much of a threat without the war machine."

Sir Pentious' cobra head lifts with anticipation.

But then Vaggie bluntly says, "Or even with the war machine."

Sir Pentious' cobra head flaps down with depression, sighing.