Chapter 7

Once the weekend is over you know it's just a matter of time before you see Matt, so you recite every motivational speech known to man.

As you're making your way to the library, you spot him. He's in his usual seat. The both of you have a designated area where you work. When you get close you call out to him and he turns, you take a seat.

"How was your weekend Matt?"

"Uneventful, how about you?"

"Pretty much the same."

Aside from the fact that your vigilante buddy stopped by to give you love advice.

"A-Actually, I was wondering if you were free next Saturday."

"I think so. Foggy is probably going to be gone too if you're planning another movie night."

"T-That's okay. I was kind of hoping it would be just us. I found this really nice restaurant that I wanted to check out."

"That sounds strangely like a date."

You panic.

"W-What ! N-No it's just two friends. Just two good friends going out for dinner! A-A date! T-That's-"

He reaches over, taking your hand and your words halt.

"I'd love to go on a date with you (Y/N)."

"You would.."

"I would."

That little cheeky smile makes its way on his face and you blush, staring at your connected hands.

"O-Okay. So Saturday then?"

He nods.

"Saturday."

You're pretty sure your smile is twice as big as his.

You can't wait to tell Daredevil.

~

"OH MY GOSH YOU WERE RIGHT HE SAID YES!!"

The second he came through the window you'd basically tackled him into a hug. He seemed happy at your news, but you heard the soft grunt he let out when you squeezed him. Pulling back, you just stare.

"What's wrong?"

He shook his head.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

You want to believe it, but when you step back, it looks like he's leaning a little too heavy on his left side.

"You're hurt."

"I'm fine."

You frown.

"Don't lie to me."

There's a bit of fear in your voice and his tough exterior seems to fall away.

"It's just a few broken ribs."

"A few!!"

"It's nothing, I've had much worse."

You fold your arms, and you know he sees the defiant look you wear.

"Sit down and let me heal you. Now."

Your tone leaves no room for discussion. He walks over to the couch like a child who's just been scolded by a parent. He takes a seat, and you move to his side immediately. With a groan, he reaches for the edge of his shirt, lifting it.

You gasp at the discolored bruises. You can't believe that he was even able to move around with this. You hold back any tears that threaten to fall, reaching out and touching the injury.

He's a bit tense for obvious reasons. You just stare at the golden specs that seep into his skin. You've seen this many times before, but you always find yourself entranced by the glow. Slowly but surely, the bruise begins to shrink. When it's completely gone, you pull away, now looking at him.

"Please, if you're hurt just tell me. The thought of you in pain it..it scares me.."

You lectured yourself not to cry, but now you can't help it. The tears fall and he's quick to comfort you. He pulls you close, patting your back.

"I will, I'm sorry."

He's not used to expressing his pain. It's always been something that he needed to hide. With you, he needs to remind himself that he can be open. He trusts you and you care about him. Not just Matt Murdock, but Daredevil.

It feels..nice.