Chapter 24 - Final

The break has finally come to an end and you're excited. Foggy is moving back in and you can't wait to see him. 

Matt is just as excited, he's just better at hiding it.

The second Foggy makes his way through the door you basically tackle him. You both end up on the floor laughing and Matt laughs at the soft thud.

"I guess you guys missed me huh?"

Matt nods.

"It wasn't the same without you here."

Foggy stands with a proud look.

"I would imagine."

You roll your eyes at his little boast and he's still grinning when he reaches over, placing an arm over Matt's shoulders.

"So what have you two been doing while I was gone."

It's an innocent question, but your mind immediately goes to your joined activities.

"N-Nothing important!" You reply.

Your hurried words make Foggy raise a brow.

"Why are you acting so suspicious?"

"I-I'm not acting suspicious, you are!!"

You're not doing much to defend your case. Foggy slowly pulls his arm away, looking between you and Matt. For a moment he's just squinting but then his eyes widen.

"N-No way! Come on, I thought you promised never to do it in this room!" Matt is about to defend himself, but you're blurting everything out once Foggy makes the discovery.

"I-It's not my fault that he's so good at this I can't help myself!"

Foggy's expression changes to pure disgust.

"Too much information!!"

It was an interesting reunion indeed.

Once you've thoroughly embarrassed yourself, it's back to classes as usual. You're getting used to the schedule and tedious lectures. One particular class that you have with Foggy just drones on. The second it's finally over you just want to drop on your bed. Foggy laughs at your exasperated expression. The both of you had decided to cut through behind the baseball field to make it to the library. Foggy is ranting about his summer adventures and you listen with a smile.

"Then we went ziplining."

You giggle.

"It sounds like you had an amazing summer."

"Sure did, I almost got a tattoo. "

You can picture it now. With a smile, you adjust your bag matching pace with Foggy. For a second everything is normal, but you catch what sounds like a rush of air and you lift your hand. Foggy stumbles and you turn your palm over in surprise. Your hand is still somewhat extended, a baseball between your fingers.

You gape and so does Foggy.

"Dude...you just literally saved me from a baseball to the head. That's awesome!! We're definitely keeping this!"

He seems very excited, but you're still a bit stunned. You've never had good reflexes, much less the ones necessary to catch a ball without even seeing it coming.

This is something.

~Later That Night~

"Hurry up, the cops are coming."

The hushed whisper of men shoving cash into a truck had Matt titled his head. He eased over to the side of the building, marking the amount of heartbeats.