08: Six years ago

Chapter 8

-Damion Astor-

I don't exactly have any sort of business meeting here in London today, but I still needed to go. It's the seventeenth of July today. I would always go to London discreetly away from the public's eye and the paparazzi every seventeenth of July.

It's exactly been six years since my sister's suicide attempt.

And it's also been six years since the love of my life along with my unborn child died.

"Hello, my darlings. I'm back." I smiled half-heartedly as I kneeled down in front of my girlfriend's tombstone. I carefully placed the bouquet of white lilies and the brown teddy bear in the middle.

The tombstone is clean and well taken care of as I would expect considering I hired a cleaner who would come here to clean every once a month.

Eleanor and I would've been long married by now and our daughter would've been six or five years old now. We never found out the gender, but I always believed our baby to be a girl. But in the end I lost both my girls.

"How are you, my baby girl? You've been taking good care of your mommy in heaven? Yeah, I know you've been taking good care of each other. You don't have to worry about daddy, I've been doing well myself here, but there's not a day that goes by where I don't miss you both." I smiled as I stared at the brown bear.

"Hey, Ele, you know what? I finally had the courage to talk to my sister again. I'm sorry I couldn't do what I promised and it took me this long to actually try and be a proper brother to her. Believe me, I'm trying, I really am trying but I'm still fucking failing at the same time." I let out a sigh.

I could still remember the last words she said to me.

"Your little sister is just as much a victim as your mother has been. At least, in your mother's case her pain and trauma are long gone along with her, but your poor sister has to endure this pain and trauma for as long as she breathes. How you and your brothers treat her are making it much worse. Promise me, Damion, promise me that you'll try and make it right with Miracle."

Oddly enough, like my mother, my girlfriend's last word to me was the name of my sister.

Miracle

God, how I fucking hated her existence and that name. I never understood my father and his unconditional love for her ever since she was born despite knowing how she was conceived and all that, he really loved her like his own daughter.

But admittedly, as she grew up, she was like a little ball of sunshine who radiates happiness and positivity all around. I remember how that happy little girl would always ask for a hug from me, but I would always turn her down. She was truly such a happy little girl. However, that happiness died the day my father died, but to be more accurate we're the ones who actually killed and took away that happiness and innocence from her. We destroyed her. We broke that happy little girl. We turned her into a shell of a person she once was. For God's sake, she even attempted to end her life when she was only ten!

Mom and dad would really resent and disown us, especially me, if they were here.

But Eleanor was right, of course she was. My Ele was right in a lot of things and always had her own in getting me in line and made me see things more clearly. That's exactly what she did with my sister. That's why I never once regretted telling her about our family's secret. She's the only one I ever told about it.

"I could still remember what happened as clearly as day, my love." I whispered, my eyes already blurring with tears.

***