20: The Past pt. 1

Chapter 20

-Miracle Astor-

I took a deep breath and finally composed myself. I then turned to look up at Gabriel.

"I think I'm ready."

He gave me a questioning look and I smiled and responded,

"I'm ready to go back and face my brothers."

His face shifted and looked like he was against my idea.

"Mira---

He started to say but I held both his hands and interrupted him.

"My brothers are a couple of jerks, I know that, but at the end of the day they are still my brothers and the mansion might not be my home but it is my house. I'm going back sooner or later, and I think I'm ready now."

Also, I just really want all of this to be over.

Forget every bad thing that happened and move on with my life.

After reading my mom's letter and knowing I have Gabriel next to me, I want to start living my life to the fullest now.

But I can't do that if I still won't go back and face my brothers.

I'm not going to be scared anymore. I need to be brave.

"Alright." Gabriel smiles back. "Do you want me to go with you, baby?"

I wanted to shout yes.

"I think I have to do this on my own, Gaby."

"Okay, but if any of them say or do anything to hurt you, I want you to call me and I'll be there to rearrange their face, okay?" He firmly tells me to which I nod my head while still smiling at how unbelievable he is.

But I do fully believe he'll do that just for me.

The rage in his face as if he was fully blinded by his anger when he beat up Quinton was forever printed in my mind. Most people would definitely be scared of that Gabriel and run for the hills. That's the scariest I've ever seen him because he's just a normally cool and laid back guy. But I know that I would never be scared of Gabriel

Speaking of Quinton...

I never want to remember or think about that horrible guy ever again, I focus on imagining Gabriel's handsome face and his sweet smile telling me that everything is going to be okay. But I wonder what happened to him after I passed out.

"Gaby."

"Yes, baby?"

I almost chuckled at how that rhymed.

"What happened to Quinton?" I forced myself to ask.

It's okay, Mira, that guy can't hurt you anymore.

You're okay, just take a deep breath.

Gabriel's entire face changed, anger and hatred flashing in that beautiful brown eyes, I almost regret asking him, but his eyes found me again and his features softened. He squeezed my hands.

"Damion and I are handling him. He can't hurt you anymore, Miracle." He answered.

Damion? They are working together? Really.

I was surprised.

But I really shouldn't though since I know Gabriel can't just handle everything himself about what happened and my eldest brother is pretty powerful. My heart warmed thinking that Damion still cares about me, these past week our relationship has really improved after all and he was trying this best to be a brother to me. I just can't have him seeing me yesterday after what happened.