CHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 27: Office talks

SAMANTHA VYRONICA FERRER-CIERVO POV

“Good morning everyone,” I greeted as i entered the conference room.

The board of directors are now here. They all stand up and took their seat after i sat down. “You looked gorgeous today, Miss Chairman.” Mr Quinones said. I looked at him and smiled.

“Thank you,” I put my hand above the table, clasping my hand and sighed. “So everyone is here, now. And we'll talked eventually about your concern a month ago. Well, hindi ko na ako nagmadali na magpatawag ng board meeting because the deal between SVF and Delavin's are now cancelled. A month ago, well, i wasn't the one who cancelled it. It was my husband's.”

“Yung immature mong asawa. Dapat diyan sa kanya nasa amerika na lang. Walang modo. Parang walang pinag-aralan, baka nga 'di pa nag-aral, eh” Mrs Aquire blurted out.

I raised one of my brows. “Care to explain your attitude, Aquire?” I turned my swivel chair to her and lean on the backrest of the chair. I crossed my arm and my legs.

“Melinda, that's enough! It's totally a month ago, kasalanan mo rin naman.” Si Mr Quinones.

Mr Adolfo cleared a throat. Agreeing to what Mr. Quinones said.

Napayuko ako at natawa. “You're really ungrateful, Melinda Aquire. After helping your company,  you'll growl like that? How dare you insult me and my husband after putting you to that position you are in, right now? If i didn't help you, isang kahig isang tuka ka lang ngayon. The man you're insulting is higher than you, ayusin mo ang ugali mo before you'll be kick out on this board,”

“Bakit ba siya kasama dito? He didn't even afford to buy a share here.” She sneers. Talagang mayabang.

“Arturo! Give each one of them!” I shouted.

Art came and handed the documents to them. All their eyes darted at me as they read it. “You'll passing the company ownership? It should still have the boards opinion!!”

Si Ms. Agoncillo naman ngayon ang nagsalita.

“Why would i? Meron ba kayong parte sa 60% ko?” natatawang sabi ko at itinuon ang gilid ng ulo sa likod ng aking kamay habang ang siko ay nakatuon sa lamesa.

“What?! Hindi naman 'to ganito kadali! Yes you can put it under his name. But this company is a big deal! This is a huge company! Once he have a hold to it, all the branches all over the world will be on his hand except the U.S!” Si Mr. Azucar naman ngayon.

I rolled my eyes. They're now ranting. “It's better with you, handling it! Hindi isang Oscar na best actor lang!!” Si Ms. Agoncillo

I sighed. “Anong magagawa ko? I'm pregnant. I'm looking over my health! They're my heir! My baby inside is my heir! And i know my husband's capabilities. The company is expanding and as the time passed by, it's getting hard for me to move here and there because of my sensitive pregnancy.”

“Kaya bang mabuhay ng posisyon ko ang bata na nasa tiyan ko pag nakunan ako? Hindi! And if things goes wrong, i have my company back. As stated in that contract. The process is in legalized term. Hindi basta-basta 'o sa'yo na 'yang kompanya ko' not that!”

Humikab ako at tsaka inabot ang hawak pa ni Arturo na paper bag ng pagkain. “That is still on process. Kaya hindi pa 'yan ngayon. I'll be the Vice-chairman having the 15% of the 60% share. And 45% for my husband's. I'm still here, but not accountable because I can't assure anyone that I'll be able to let myself stressed out.”

“The CEO position, will now be under my husband too. I know it's a little too overwhelming for all of you, and the boards should also had a part to vote for the person. But as the major share holder, it will be automatically my husband”