CHAPTER 42

CHAPTER 42: Aching Heart and Lost Soul

THIRD'S PERSON POV

“Go on and live your life, right now. Because tomorrow. There will be no SVC, there will be no SV Law firm, and tomorrow there will be no me. I signed the papers now, turn around like nothing happens, Dashell. I can take care of our children. Build a new family and marry the woman who will not betray you just like what i do, if there will be a time you want to  see your kids, you can look for me. I'll do anything to process the annulment as fast as possible. Leave now, you still have a lot of papers to finish, you're busy.”

She turned around like nothing happens. She sat on the couch relaxedly while start eating the food prepared by someone and not by Dashell, and for the first time ever. Dashell got upset.

She turned around confidently as she cut the ties between the two, for what Dashell thinked. Akala niya na ito ang rason. There's a small hope and wishful thinking of him that he was hoping that she will beg him to not annul her. He was hoping and wishing that she will stop him from doing it but she signed it with no hesitation.

And it hurts him.

He was hesitating to leave the place, because if he did. Baka hindi na niya ito makita. The fear of losing her and not seieng her after that very moment is like trying killing his self.

Everything he said to her. Everything he did to her was an impulse towards his anger and resentment towards her.

But, now. All he can think of is her. Hindi na niya alam na may sasakit pa pala kesa sa nangyari kahapon. Ang pagpapalaya ng dalaga  sa kanya at pagpapaubaya sa iba ang mas masakit. She didn't fight for the love.

She gave up.

And he let her give up. Because he wasn't confident. He did her wrong, yes. And the only thing he can do is to leave and act like nothing happens.

But how? He asked himself.

Kung sobra-sobra ang pagmamahal ko sa babaeng 'to? How can i let go and act like nothing happens if the only thing i want is her?

Wala na akong hihilingan pa kundi siya. But now, i just let her go just like how she let me go.

“You're back, saan ka galing, Hijo?” His Mother asked.

He looked at her and smiled bitterly. “I successfully failed, ma. Too late.” halos pabulong na sabi nito. Nasasaktan parin sa nangyari.

She greeted his son  with a hug and caressed his back to tell him everything will be alright “So she signed the annulment?”

Dashell nodded. He know his mother felt it. When his mother let go of him, he saw her wiping her tears. “Why can't you just fight for your love? Is it that easy to let go of the love you had for each other? Paano ang anak ninyo?”

“I can disregard the annulment, ma. But no, she already made her decision. She just let go of me, Ma. Sumuko na siya, pinapaubaya niya na ako sa iba, Ma. She didn't beg, hindi niya man lang ako pinilit ma, she signed the annulment papers like it's nothing. I made her stop herself from loving me any longer, Ma. Wala na.”

“Then why would you be sad, then? Maraming babae pa diyan! If she pushed you away, then let her go. Get annulled and married the woman of your choice! She's never the woman you wanted at the very beginning.” His dad said ruthlessly without even pausing.

“Don't act like she's the only woman here, she hurt you and let go of you just like that, then change her! Palitan mo siya, ipakita mo na mali ang desisyon niya.”

And that made him decide to file for the annulment. He filed it and waited for months. Almost 2 months of waiting they'll now be seeing each other again. But now, annul.