CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 34: New chapter

DASHELL NIKOLAUV CIERVO POV

My wife, as soon as i woke up that day. She's the first person i saw. I felt so empty, my mind is blank. Wala akong maalala. My mind kept on asking me, who am i? Where am i? Where is this place? Why am i at this place?

All of those questions keeps bothering me, but no questions even pop up to my head about her, i didn't question her. Who is she? No, that beautiful pregnant woman is mine. She's mine.

And i'm right, she's my wife.

Pretending not to be affected by her existence, her care, worries and affection, pained me. It is like stabbing my heart a million of times.

That makes me wonder for one thing, do i really love this woman? Because i felt so much pain, everytime i see her. She was smiling but her eyes were sad. She was laughing but there's no colors on her eyes. No sparks and all.

Every time I sleep. Everytime I close my eyes trying to fake my sleep, and everytime i had my excuse, telling her i will take a bath. I can hear her deep sigh, she's sobbing very hard, trying to be quiet.

She was crying, while whispering that sentence.

'Why do you have to do that to him?'

'He's suffering mentally, and you'll make him suffer physically too?'

That day i heard it, hindi ko na makalimutan 'yun. It's my first time hearing her saying that.

But those lines changes,

'Bring his memory back, 'wag niyo na siyang pahirapan, 'wag niyo na akong pahirapan. I'm so happy, yes. But i'm hurt. Nasasaktan ako at natatakot na ako. Please, god. Have mercy on him— on us.”

And now, i keep thinking. Siguro nahihirapan na siyang pakisamahan ako. I keep overthinking about it. Siguro nga ay napapagod na rin siya.

And it's my fault.

But I can't confront her. Dahil hindi niya pinapakita sa akin 'to. She  handled my immaturity as a woman. Hindi siya nakikipag-away. She laughed at it, joke at it and smiled at me like she's telling me everything will be fine.

Everything is fine.

Until this very day, She's now inside the operating room. She's on labor with our 3 children.

While sitting on a waiting chair outside the operating room. I keep on trying to remember everything. I was trying to remember everything.

I want to remember us. Dahil gusto kong maging ama sa mga anak ko, nang buong-buo ang pagkatao. I can't handle myself, paano pa kaya sa magiging anak ko?

I'm scared to be a worthless father to my children and a worthless husband to my wife. Wala siyang ibang ginawa kundi kabutihan. Wala siyang ibang pinakita kundi pag-unawa at pagmamahal lang.

Kahit kailan hindi ko pa siya naririnig na sinusumbatan ako. Kahit na marami siyang ginagawa, kahit na mahirap sa kanya dahil buntis siya at kabuwanan niya she never argue with me.

She takes everything as a woman.

Hindi ko magawang harapin ang mga tao na pilit nagpapakilala bilang kamag-anak ko. But the woman inside the operating room took my trust.

But those people who look so genuine, natatakot ako sa kanila. I can't remember any of them, yes. I also can't remember her, but my heart does.

The moment i laid my eyes on her, my heart beat frantically. There was this spark everytime i saw her.