CHAPTER 41

CHAPTER 41: The downfall of the Great

SAMANTHA VYRONICA FERRER-CIERVO POV

Nagising ako na bumungad si Nixey sa aking harapan, she was closing the curtains. Nagliwanag na lang, hindi parin ako makatulog kahit isang oras.

I kept having a nightmare. Bumabalik na naman ang insomnia ko. Because of that video, everything reminisces in a blink or an eye na para bang walang nangyari.

“Anlaki ng eye bags mo,” she said mocking but her eyes were sad.

I pouted. “You don't look sincere,” i grumpily said and followed her with my eyes.

Umupo ito nang nakatalikod sa akin. Nasa paahan ito ng kama at tsaka napabuntong hininga. “Your company announces the departure of Dashell from the Chairman and CEO position, leaving the position empty. Kasabay nito, your company also announces decreases in sales, after 13 hours of the articles release. And the court —”

Natawa naman ako ng pagak. “S-slow down, ang haba pa ng oras, o.” panluluko ko.

Natawa ito pero biglang nagtabon ng mukha niya gamit ang kanyang magkabilang kamay at tsaka yumuko. “Inalis ng PRC ang lisensya mo.”

Halos nanlabo ang paningin ko, halos mabingi ako sa narinig. A loud itching sound vibrated on my ear. Napayuko ako at tinakpan ang aking tainga ng mahigpit.

I shook my head, “No. This can't be, bakit?! Why do they need to get my license! Wala naman akong ginagawang masama! I am innocent! I am innocent! Bakit? Bakit kailangan nilang gawin 'to sa akin?!!” I screamed on top of my lungs.

Nakapikit ako ng mariin habang pilit na umiiling. Sana hindi totoo ang lahat, sana hindi totoo ang mga sinasabi niya. Sana panaginip lang 'to.

My aggressive movements, calmed as she hugged me. “I know i wasn't sincere, i know we never get close. But we're not enemies. And i know, I believe that you're innocent, so please? Huwag kang panghinaan ng loob. Show them that you're more than that. I never felt this kind of hurt seeing someone like this,”

I cried. I cried again for the nth time. I shook my head and looked up. “I didn't do anything, I'm innocent.” pagpapaliwanag ko.

She nodded and smiled. “I know, i know. Nandito na pala si River, we waited for you to rise and shine, kahit alam namin na mukhang hindi ka nakatulog” she said and the door opened.

A tall girl came in who looks exactly like Nixey. “Who's she?” I asked. “She's River?” I added it without removing my eyes on her.

The woman smiled at me. “I'm River! Nice to meet you! I'm Nixey's Older sister.” pagpapakilala nito.

Nixey leaned towards my ear and chuckled. “She is Jaxon's new girlfriend, she's 6 years older than him.”

“She's 32?” gulat na tanong ko dito habang nanlalaki ang mata. If i were to compare myself to her, mas mukha akong matanda!

She chuckled and nodded. “That's why, i'm also here. Ginagawa akong utusan, hindi niya alam ate's girl ako. But don't worry, i'm really here because i know you're lonely!!”

Masayang sabi nito, i didn't even feel offended because it's true. But she just giggled and pulled her sister towards my direction.

“Do the test, now. She needs to sleep again.” Utos nito kay River.

River frowned at her sister and when she glanced at me, she smiled. “Let's now do the test, Miss? Madali lang naman 'to. And i have you updated, tomorrow or even tonight for the results.”

I nodded. We did the test at talagang mabilis lang ito. After that, naligo lang ako at nagsuot ng Pajamas.

Lumabas ako ng kwarto ko kung saan nadatnan ko si Jaxon na may bitbit na tray ng pagkain. Magkasama ang magkapatid sa sala habang inuuto naman ni Nixey ito.