CHAPTER 44

CHAPTER 44: The sorry and the secrets

THIRD'S PERSON POV

August 17 2019, it was now the time for her funeral. The Holy Mass started, Everyone from the business industry visited her for one last time. Attending the mass, and her final hours.

Jaxon, Arturo, Dashell, Rosie, her stepmother and her father. Nasa unahan sila ngayon at tahimik na nakikinig. While Destry and Nixey were both crying. They're on the second row, together with Dashell's parents and grandparents of Samantha. Pinapatahan naman ito ni River habang inaalagaan din ang apat na bata na hindi niya naman anak pero siya ang nastress.

In the third row was Dashell's friend and some of Rosie's cousin and Samantha's cousin on his father side.

After that press conference. The three men in Samantha's life were guilty. Lalong-lalo na ang asawa nito, Dashell. Dashell didn't leave her coffin after that day. He didn't sleep and just took care of the guest. River was the one who told Jaxon to let Dashell do his job, dahil ito ang gusto nito Dashell. Dashell is still her husband. He was even mad when his parents tried to make him change his status legally, now that he's a widower.

He keeps saying 'i'm married' even if he is now technically a single person once again, ayaw nito.

The company that he gave back, is now back to him. All of Samantha's owned properties and businesses were now his. But all he does is to run back the SVC which is now back to its normal state.

Bumalik ang kulay ng kompanya, the license which was taken away were given back to her because of the unfair ruling and now everything is settled, her name is now clean and now has the justice she deserves.

“Dashell, let's eat first.” Ethan said.

Hindi kasi pinapansin ni Dashell ang mga magulang niya matapos nitong sabihin na magpapalit na siya ng Status. He didn't listen to them until this time at hindi rin ito kinakausap.

“Oo nga” Alter agrees.

Tinapik naman ni Arturo ang balikat ni Dashell. “Eat now, you're not eating.”

“She's not eating too.” Dashell answered lifelessly.

Arturo sighed. “She's dead, and you're not.”

Dashell shook his head. Ayaw niya paring tanggapin na patay na ang asawa niya. Hindi niya ito matanggap. At hinding-hindi niya ito tatanggapin.

Pagak na ngumiti si Dashell. “She's not dead, she's sleeping somewhere.”

Napamura naman ng marahan si James ng marinig ang sinagot ni Dashell. Parang nasisiraan na ito ng bait. Laging pinipilit ang mga bagay na hindi naman na talaga kailangang ipagpilitan pa.

“You should eat. Ayaw ni Ate ng patpatin.” Rosie said. Sumingit siya sa usapan dahil narinig niya ng siya ay napadaan lang sa mesa ng mga ito. “If you really believe she's here, take care of yourself. You don't want her teasing you because you're body conscious just like the first time.”

“How did you—”

“She told me, lagi siyang nagkukwento. She even asked me if it's normal for a man to think that way. Akala niya baliw ka na dahil sa pag-aartista mo.” Rosie said and smiled.

Kahit sino ay maaawa na lamang sa sitwasyon at kalagayaan ni Dashell ngayon. Kahit siya ay naawa, Dashell wasn't like this. Hindi ganito ang Dashell dati.

Ang layo niya ngayon. In a span of days, para na siyang napabayaang tao sa lansangan.

His sorrow, his guilt, his loneliness, his longing, everything were too evident from his eyes. Kitang-kita kung gaano niya kamahal si Samantha that he didn't even care what people would say to him. Lalo na ngayon na para siyang baliw kung umasta.