CHAPTER 48

CHAPTER 48: SPG

DASHELL NIKOLAUV CIERVO POV

I was out for some air.

Staring at the plain blue sky, i breathed out some air, looking up i cannot imagine the life she had for almost 2 years of being away from her previous life.

She was having tantrums again, so i was here outside. She doesn't want to see me. Well, i am expecting it though. So i'm just waiting for her to stop and I'll go back inside to talk to her.

Umupo ako sa hammock at tsaka nagsindi ng sigarilyo. I was smoking when my phone suddenly vibrated. Kinuha ko ito sa aking bulsa at sinagot ang tawag.

“Hello?”

“Dashell? How is it there?” It was Arturo.

“It's fine here, she's getting better. Hindi siya nagkaka-anxiety attack. I guess her phobia was healed just before i got here, except for her PTSD, that makes her sometimes mad at me for no reason, she's in monotone and pokered face.” I explained which is based on my observations for almost a month of being here.

“Ganun ba? That's good, so can we visit?” He was excited as he asked.

I chuckled. “You wanna see her? I'll asked her after she calmed down.”

He sighed. “Oh? So are you alone now?”

“Yeah, i guess?” I blow the smoke from my mouth and closed my eyes. Is she calmed already?

Natawa naman ito sa kabilang linya. “Why didn't you know?”

“I feel alone but i am not alone.”

“Tsk, good luck. Text me if nakausap mo na siya.”

I hummed and ended the call.

Tumayo ako at inapakan ang sigarilyo na hinulog ko sa lupa. Nang makita ko na oata na ang sindi nito ay pumasok ako sa loob ng mansyon.

Nakita ko siyang nakaupo lang sa hagdanan habang yakap-yakap ang kanyang tuhod. I watched her from afar and waited if she'll noticed me.

Because she's been too aware of her surroundings that i know she now feel my presence even from this far.

“Why are you standing there?” Mahinang tanong nito habang hindi ako binabalingan ng tingin.

Nakayakap pa rin siya sa tuhod niya at nakatitig sa kawalan. “Can i come?” Paghingi ko ng pahintulot niya.

Her head lifted up, she tilted her head and glance at my direction. “Ayoko.”

I chuckled and leaned my shoulder on the door frame, crossing my arms on my chest. I didn't let go of my eyes on her, fixing it only to this woman.

“May nagawa ba akong mali, Baby?”

She nodded aggressively. “Mhm-hmm.”

“You on call with someone.”

I chuckled and shook my head. “It's Arturo, baby. Even if you looked at my call history. You want?”

Tumayo ito at padabog na pumasok ng kwarto. Hindi man lang nagsalita ito. I sighed and took a big step as i went to her room.

Kinatok ko muna ito at nag-intay na magsalita siya. I knocked again but this time i spoke up. “Baby, can i go inside?”

Pinihit ko na ang doorknob ng wala akong marinig na sagot nito. Nang mabuksan ko, nadatnan ko siyang nakaupo sa kanyang kama, nakabalot ng kanyang kumot at nahikbi.

Umupo ako sa kanyang tabi at kinapa kung saan ang likod niya. I chuckled when she even tried to pinched my hand.

“Hey, removed the cover. Mainit.” mahinahon ngunit nang uutos ko na sabi dito.