24. The Event.

Furina was stressing out, she was stressing out greatly.

Today was the day of the Firms annual appearance event.

The idea was set up by herself in order to make the Firm more likeable with the city and community, obviously a building full of lawyers that help put people's families into jail arent going to get you any favors unless you're acquainted with the victim of said cases.

So every year since the firm has been formed, they've opened up the building to anyone that wants to enter and have a look around, minus the top floor and basement of course.

All the lawyers and employees would be wandering around, socialising with strangers who have just waltzed in.

The event is also put on national television by a local TV news cast who seem overly interested in it, they have released many theories about the firm.

It was stressing her out to say the least, and worst of all, she wasn't gonna see Neuvillette at all today.

Obviously for security reasons he wouldn't show up anyway, no one knows his identity regardless, but what's even worse is that Furina can't so much as contact him the whole day.

Not that he won't know what's going on, he has security, a lot of it. A lot of technology too, maybe some advanced stuff that hasn't even been released to the general public yet.

How he does it she will never know, but what she does know is that in front of her was a big pair of scissors and a red ribbon to cut.

She smiled luminously, as she took the giant pair of scissors, and cut the rope, allowing everyone inside the famous building.

Annnddd... Just like that, she wasn't going to be able to relax for the whole day.

Plus.

She has to keep an eye out for some... Less... Supportive visitors.

Unwelcome visitors.

This was the event that, if Furina's Intel were to prove trustworthy, was planned to be breached by the agents against the firm.

Of course, she forgot to remind Neuvillette, not that he would listen anyway. He's certain that he knows of everything going on within the political process and government, but Furina feared that this was the most important thing he could have overlooked.

As she walked around, champagne glass in hand that she took off one of the trays that a waiter was bringing round, she scanned everyone that came into her view.

Did they look suspicious?

We're they socializing?

Going new anywhere that was clearly labelled: 'Employees only.'

Any type of sign, Furina was like a hawk. She could not risk any sort of confidentiality being breached by some inexperienced agent.

However, little did she know, this 'agent' was anything but inexperienced.

You see, this 'agent' had previously volunteered to act as a waiter for the event, knowing they'd be short on a few, they seemingly came down with a rather bad cold, and regretfully couldn't make it to the event.

Therefore, Wriothesley took the oh so sudden and convenient opportunity to take the place of one, and here he was going around with a tray that hosted different snacks and small taster drinks.

He smiled where he should, and laughed at the off comments he received about how he was, quote on quote, 'too handsome to be a waiter'.

As if his ego wasn't big enough already.

Wriothesley was just thinking to himself, when he nudged into someone, quickly balancing the tray on his arm, luckily, nothing was spilled.

He turned to the woman that had bumped into him,

"I'm so sorry ma'am, are you alright?" He questioned,

"Yes, Yes, I'm fine. My apologies, that was partly my fault too, I should have been looking where I was walking." She smiled at Wriothesley.

He took in her features, long, slightly waved black hair, which was a contrast to her unblemished pale skin, with the exception of a tattoo where her neck met her right shoulder. Her eyes were a sort of bright sanguine red, her lips painted a similar color. She was in a well fitting suit, needless to say, she fitted right in.

That was her plan, after all.

"Is there anything I could get you? A drink perhaps, as an apology of mine?" Wriothesley offered, feeling slightly guilty.

"No, no, no need, please continue with your work Sir." She smiled, and without saying anything else, left.

Wriothesley's attention was suddenly directed to a loud static in his ear, which he had to use all his will not to flinch at.

"Writ, ....ca, ear, e.. "

He gently put a finger to his ear, as if he was simply tucking a piece of hair behind it.

"Wriothesley, can you hear me?" A familiar voice sounded, too close for comfort.

He nodded once, he couldn't risk talking to himself with all these people around, and she had hacked into the security cameras regardless, probably watching his every move and planning his every step.

"Okay, good, put that stupid tray down and get to work. Your dear old boss seems agitated." Clorinde stated through the comms system.

Wriothesley rolled his eyes, when was Furina not agitated.

"Just put that damn tray down and get to work already, we only have a set amount of time before the next rotation of shifts," She hurried him, unlocking one of the encrypted doors for him that was blocked off to the general public.

Now.

It was time for his real job.

Sorry for the shorter chapter everyone x

We're slowly but surely getting there.

Also!

We're only at 24 chapters and we have 11k reads!????

Goodness me

Thank you guys so much🙏🙏

I appreciate you all, <33

I hope you all like the story so far! At first I thought this AU was a bit far fetched from my brain, but we made it work...
Hopefully.