135. Ego

Finally, the end of my pre-determined topics to think about.

Another very overwhelming topic, but I'll do what I can.

The ego is the voice talking in my head. This ego prioritizes me more than any other person. I think this is my pride and how I present myself to others. Sometimes, I'll feel my story must be told and is more important than others. Other times, I'm more confident in what I'm doing, despite being bad at it, like not accepting the fact that my knowledge is so small, and there's still a lot more to learn. But my ego stops me from doing so.

I must be humble, that's just it. Accept who I am. Now I'm angry. I need to sleep. I don't know what ego is, and I'm angry about it. My ego even allows me to write about it, even if I don't actually understand its meaning.

Self-importance might be the key word. So, what am I going to do?

Others have said that the ego always wants to be right.

Here's some research then:

Research has shown that the ego can be held responsible for many negative human traits, including but not limited to: criticizing and judging others, acting manipulative, being inflexible and rigid, having severe mood swings, possessing a constant need for praise and approval, feeling the need to be superior to everyone around, feeling fearful and anxious, being uncooperative, taking things too seriously, taking offense easily, constantly worrying over little things, feeling resentful towards others, an inability to live in the present moment, and a need for power and control over others.

8 Ways to Getting Rid of Ego:

Take responsibility

Stop beating yourself up

Focus on growth

Take care of yourself

Don't speak badly about yourself

Show kindness to others

Don't value other people's opinions (both good and bad)

Take action: Watch your mental state for an entire day

My realization is that everything is not about me. Compliment others, understand yourself more, remember your failures and learn from them, and apologize to others.

I am really not in the best mood as it is 10:36 PM now, and my energy is so low. I should get some sleep now, as my mood is really swinging badly at this hour.

I love how an AI respond to that last sentence:

"I understand. It's understandable that your energy is low and your mood is swinging at this late hour. Getting some rest is probably the best thing for you right now.

I recommend that you go ahead and get some sleep, as your mood and energy levels seem to have deteriorated. Prioritizing your rest and wellbeing is important. We can always pick up the conversation about the pre-determined topics another time when you're feeling more refreshed and in a better frame of mind.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again when you're ready to continue our discussion. For now, I suggest you focus on getting the rest you need. Wishing you a good night's sleep and a more positive mood tomorrow."

Thank you as well for this AI, it helped me a lot.