Chapter 11

- Madison

The day my mom died, a part of me died as well. The old me would've started dating Jaden in a heart beat. However, the person I've became won't allow me to.

Now, I have trust issues. I've became shy. I haven't let anybody in who wasn't already there when she died, thus why I won't open up to Jaden. I don't like to go out a lot like before. I don't like when people call me Maddi because that's what she called me. It's just her demise changed me dramatically.

I cut my hair. I used to cut myself. Why? It was too much for me too handle. I was convinced that I was at fault for her death and that I deserved to feel pain like she did. Not too mention, the hate I would get. People calling me ugly, fat, brace face. It was too much. The hate I'm getting for Jaden hasn't pushed me there yet.

It's not easy for me to just start dating Jaden. It's going to be a lot that comes with it. Long distance, hate, papz, and trust issues. Which I have severe problems with.

Taylor and Zoey has always been here. I know they, Malik, and my dad wants to see the old carefree Madison. However, it's going to take time for that. I just can't act as if my mom's death had no affect. It did. On all of us. It pushed Malik even harder on basketball, after her death he strived even more to make it to the NBA. That's what she wanted from him.

For me, she always just wanted me to be successful. That's why I'm going to school now. I could drop out, my family is loaded. I want to make my own money. Not my dad's, Malik's, or what my mom left. Madison's money!

Anyways, that's why I'm being this way. So bipolar with Jaden. I just don't wanna end up hurt. That's my fear.

"Madison will you please talk to the boy." Taylor pleads. She's referring to Jaden, I haven't talked to him since the game three weeks ago.

"I will, one day." I respond.

"Stop pushing him away." Zoey says.

"I'm not. I don't have to talk to him everyday. I didn't do it before, why start?"

"What'd he do?" Zoey asks.

"He got too close."

They think about what've said.

"That's not it." Zoe says.

"You're catching feelings for him and now you're just trying to push him away to stop the feelings." Taylor says. They know me too well.

"That's not it." I lie pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You gonna lie to us?" Taylor questions.

"Bye. I'm going to go to Dunkin Donuts, be back later." I say walking towards the door.

"Don't you get tired of running?" Zoey says smirking. Then, her and Taylor erupt into laughter.

"I don't like you guys." I joke. "That's not funny!"

"TALK TO HIM!" Zoey yells before I slam the door.

I'm wearing my gray cut up shorts, a faded purple fitted t shirt that says ' [delete] ' in black, and my purple low top Converse. It's around 5pm and I've finished school for today. Nothing to do. The best decision I've made was having all my classes in the morning, so I have the rest of the day to do whatever.

I take my red Range Rover to the Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robins shop a few blocks down. It's pretty empty inside of here and that's always good. I don't really like crowded places.

I order a chocolate long john donut with a small cup of Sherbert ice cream. I take a seat not too far from the register. I'm eating my ice cream and replying to people on Twitter. These people are real nosey.