Chapter 17

- Jaden

I can't take it anymore. I'm sorry, but it's too much. I'm confused. As much as it pains me to say, I GIVE UP! Throwing in the white flag. I surrendered. Madison needs help.

All I ever asked for her to give me a chance. Who'd thought she'd come with so much baggage. It's too much for one person to handle. I tried so hard, but it's not enough.

"Jay what's wrong?" Teo asks as I storm out, pissed to the extreme.

I don't respond. Although, I do see everyone's curious face look at me. I just keep my head looking straight at the door. As I reach the knob I twist it to the right and rush out. I really need some fresh air.

I sigh in frustration as the cool breeze from the ocean hits me. How can Zoey and Taylor deal with Madison? She is incredibly difficult to cope with. She is clueless to what she wants, and when someone truly likes her. Someone like ME!

I kick at the sand, letting my anger out.

"Bro, you good?" Moi asks as him and Teo approach me.

"I'm fine." I lie. I don't want to ruin their fun, this is for their sake. I'll be okay, I hope.

"Looks like it." Teo jokes. Okay, maybe lying isn't going to work.

"Seriously, I'll be decent. Go have fun. I'll be back inside soon." I persuade the two. I really need time to myself. JADEN TIME!

"We're going to talk about this." Moi informs me. "Keep your cool."

I nod as they turn to leave. Stopping the motion as my phone goes off from a text.

' Is your game over? You done? ' a text from Madison reads.

' What fucking game? ' I respond.

' Trying to get me to fall for you. Playing me. '

' I wasn't playing you. I actually like you! I didn't try to get you to do anything, but give me a chance. '

' My life was okay before you forced you way into it. '

' Cos' locking everybody out was okay. Letting yourself die with your mom was the right thing to do. '

I didn't mean to bring her mom up. But, I'm still livid and her lying to herself about my feelings aren't helping. I wasn't playing her. All my feelings for her are 100% real.

After five minutes, she doesn't reply. I began to worry. Did I take it too far? I'm an asshole; Madison is too.

"You don't know shit about my mom." Madison's voice yells at me as I get shoved by her.

"What are you doing?" I ask stumbling until I regain my balance. Did she really come out here to fight me? Her face is red, her eyes even redder. Please don't say she's been crying.

"My mom didn't have anything to do with this." She protests throwing punches at my chest.

"What's your problem?" I ask her, trying to calm her down. She is infuriated. I thought I was livid.

"YOU'RE MY PROBLEM! Stop acting like you know me and my mom. You don't. Okay! None of you knew my mom!" She sobs. "None of you!"

As much as I'm mad at her, I can't watch her like this. I can't. I do the only thing I know to do with someone as fragile as her. I hold her. I just hold her tight. I wrap my arms around her body and pull her close. Madison needs a hug. She needs somebody to help her.

- Madison

Livid is an understatement for how I feel. My mom had nada to do with Jaden and I. Why did he bring up such a sensitive subject for me? He's lost all my respect for him.