Chapter 15

- Jaden

I roll over in the comfortable bed. My eyes open up and a colorful blanket blinds me. Where am I?

I move the blanket out of the way and I see light purple walls. Pictures hanging all over them. The room is clean. A MacBook, hamper, flat screen, etc.

It's Madison's room, obviously from the pictures of her.

I slowly get out of the bed and stand up. My head immediately starts banging and I hold it. Hangover.

After regaining control, I walk out the room towards the kitchen. Everything was just too bright and I couldn't walk straight. I find Madison sitting on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Her hair let down and wet. She's wearing black jogging pants that stop at the bottom of her knees, a white and gray sports bra, and some black ankle socks. I'm loving the view, even though I can barely see.

I stumble towards her. She's on the phone and her smile couldn't get any brighter. I take a seat at a stool. She looks down at me and holds up her index finger, telling me to wait.

"Yes ... Defiantly ... I'll be there tomorrow ... Alright, bye." I hear the end of the phone convo as I lay my head down on the cold countertop.

"Yesss!" She screams as she drops her phone on the counter and stands up on it.

I look up at her jumping up and down, full of joy! My head starts hurting again and I close my eyes.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"I GOT THE PART!" She exclaims.

I jerk my head up and open my eyes wide. "Seriously?"

"Yes."

"That's wonderful, but can you inform me on what happened, and do you have anything for my head?" I congratulate and plead.

I should be way more happy, but seriously my head is in a load of pain. However, I'm actually very happy for Madison.

"Oh yea, I knew you would need this when you got up." She says opening the refrigerator and coming out with a drink.

It's green and looks disgusting. "Drink this!" Madison commands.

"I'd rather not." I respond.

She chuckles. "Fine, just stay in pain all day."

I groan as I grab the cup and chuck the drink down. I squint my eyes as the taste was not delightful at all. I shake my head and set the cup down, empty.

"See, it wasn't that bad." She comments as she goes to clean the cup.

"What happened last night?" I asked, not remembering anything. My memory was long gone.

"Lets see." She says drying off the cup and then taking a seat back on top of the counter. "You went to somebody's party .. Jackie was her name I believe."

Jackie, my beloved friend forever. She turned an age last night. 18? 19? I don't remember. I nod, urging her to continue.

"I'm guessing you got pretty wasted there. Then, you called me saying that you were on your way. I told you to go home cos' you're drunk. You disobeyed and came anyway. Fell asleep. Now we're here."

My eyes enlarge. Jackie! I hope I told her goodbye before I left. Her party must've been amazing, if it only comes back to me in a blur.

"Did I have my phone?" I ask patting my pockets and that's when I realize I'm shirtless, only having on my joggers and socks.