Chapter 23

[[[ PLEASE START READING MY NEW STORY 'The Guitarist And The Photographer' please ]]]

- Madison

I hate when kids argue with their parents. I hate when Jaden does it. Zoey. Taylor. All of my friends.

When you do shit like that, you'll just end up regretting it so much. There's some exceptions for arguing. Like if you were wrongfully blamed for something, you have the right to defend yourself. On the contrary, if they didn't get you something, oh fucking well, don't argue over that petty shit.

Today is August, 5. In four more days I turn 19. In 18 more day, the 23 of August, it will make three years since I lost my mom. Three tedious, sad, and lonely years.

I've cried at least once a day since August began. I always done it since the day I lost my mom. That's all I can do. Cry.

Nobody knows that I do this. I don't want anyone's sympathy. I make sure nobody is around, like a couple hours ago. Zoe is on a date with Moi. Taylor is out with her brother. Teo had something to do today for that show he's on. Jaden, well he is at the door right now.

"Hello." I say giving him a peck on the lips as I let him inside.

"Hey." He says hoarse.

"What's wrong with your voice?"

"I was yelling."

"Why?"

He sighs, irritated. "I was fighting with my dad again."

I lift my arms up in despair. I try to tell him not to, but he doesn't listen. I just stressed how much I hate it, and I tell him this daily.

Jaden has been arguing with his parents, mainly his dad, a lot lately. It all started with him buying that condo. Will is really hurt that Jaden is not communicating with him. He believes Jaden is just trying to leave, and his slowly doing it. That's what he told me. Jaden thinks his dad is overreacting and needs to stay out of his business.

I just walk off and go in my room. I don't know what to tell him. Stubborn ass boy.

"What's your problem?" He semi yells as he comes in after me.

"My problem is you." I yell pushing his chest. "How many times have I told you not to argue with your dad?" He doesn't reply. "Huh? How many times?" I ask again.

"A lot." He says lowly.

"Can you hear me through your thick ass skull?" I ask hitting him in his head.

"Yes, I can fucking hear you. AND, stop hitting me."

"I wouldn't have to if you stop arguing with your dad over stupid stuff."

"Why do you care so much Madison? You're always preaching about me getting into it with my parents. Why?"

I don't reply back. I'm not about to explain myself. I just sit on my bed and fidget with my fingers.

I feel his presence getting closer to me, but I don't react. "Don't touch me." I state.

His presence is no longer felt. Good. Although, I hear him sitting down on my bean bag chair.

Why do I care about people arguing with their parents? This question is repeated in my head. Am I ready to tell him? I run my hands through my hair. Now or never.

"It was August, 23, 2010." I began. "Exactly two weeks after I turned 16. My mom was real busy, and they still weren't letting me drive my car." I sigh. "For my safety. Her and my dad said I wasn't ready yet. Well, my dad was sleeping, he needed his rest for an important meeting later. Malik was out with his friends." I stop, this is harder than I thought. I don't even realize that I'm crying softly, tears just streaming.