Chapter 24

Author's POV

Same Night

Kim's Room

Kim was packing his bag when Kinn slammed the door open. Kim looked at his brother and asked, "What?"

"Don't. Pack. Until. I. Say. So," Kinn said through gritted teeth.

Kim looked at him with confusion. "Why? The "Majesty" himself asked me to go back.

"I don't care what he said. You're not going anywhere.", Kinn growled. "I am the one who proposed this arrangement and I am the one who decides when and if you leave."

Kim shrugged and said, "Okay." He sat down on the bed and looked at Kinn expectantly.

Kinn gave a terse nod and left the room, slamming the door behind him. Kim sighed and laid back on the bed.

Porchay's Room

Porchay was writing something when the door opened, and Kinn walked in. "Porchay!"

He looked up and asked, "Yes hia?"

"Why did ask Kim to leave?", Kinn asked as he narrowed his eyes. Porchay blinked and shrugged. "I feel like I don't need him anymore."

Kinn eyes widened in disbelief. "That's it?" What's your reason? You just feel like it?"

Porchay nodded and continued writing.

Kinn took a deep breath and said, "Why? Why don't you need him anymore? Don't you want to get back at Kim for all the shitty things he did to you?"

"I did get back at him.", Porchay said nonchalantly.

"For one day?", Kinn asked in disbelief. "For all the days of hell he put you through, you get back at him for one day and then just decide you don't need him anymore?"

Porchay looked up and smiled, "I tried, hia.", he said. "I tried to be as cruel as possible. But I couldn't be like him. Mainly I couldn't see him suffer."

"Chay, dear...", Kinn began speaking softly. "You have to stop being soft-hearted all the time. You have to toughen up at times to make people realize not to take you for granted."

"I know hia. But I couldn't do it to Kim.", Porchay said. "I know he has done terrible things to me but I...I just can't. I want him to change but seeing him suffer makes me suffer too."

Kinn sighed and shook his head. "Both the brothers are the same. Soft-hearted and too forgiving." Kinn said. "But that didn't do any good for your brother in the past. So, I suggest you think about it again before letting Kim go."

Kinn was about to leave when Porchay stood up and said, "Hia, I have made my decision." Kinn halted and looked at him over his shoulder, urging Porchay to continue. "Kim is leaving."

Kinn turned to face him but Porchay immediately turned his back on Kinn, facing the window.

"But---", Kinn tried speaking but Porchay cut him off.

"I have asked P'Pond to prepare a jet for Kim to fly back tomorrow morning.", Porchay said firmly. "If you want to also leave, tell me. I will make arrangements for you too."

Kinn stared back, speechless. Porchay turned to look at him and said, "This is the last time we will talk about this, hia."

"Pichaya!", Kinn called out but Porchay had already turned back to the window.

"Kim is leaving. End of discussion.", Porchay said firmly.

Kinn stood there for a few more minutes before turning around and leaving the room, slamming the door behind him.