Pag Phera

Hey Everyone!!

Here's another chapter.

Give a read to author's note below.

Enjoy reading

_____________________________________________

Author's Pov

Avantika and Prithvi stood at the threshold of their palatial villa in Delhi, hearts filled with a symphony of emotions. Gayatri performed the traditional aarti, her gentle voice resonating with blessings. As she adorned their foreheads with vermilion, a sense of profound joy washed over the newlyweds.

Yashi carried a Kalash, a resplendent vessel filled with rice, and placed it before Avantika. With trembling body, she pushed the Kalash with her right foot, signifying her entry into her new home.

Next, Avantika delicately placed her feet in a thali filled with vermilion- tinged water. Her dainty steps left vibrant imprints on the ground, a testament to her arrival as a beloved member of the family.

As Avantika stepped inside, the faces around her radiated with warmth and happiness. But none beamed brighter than Prithvi's. His Jaan, his Avantika, was finally by his side, his partner for life. He marveled at the joy that radiated from each family member, who had welcomed her with open arms.

"Now, for the ring finding ceremony!" exclaimed Pritha clapping her hands in delight.

However, Gayatri's words silenced the excitement in the air "No, there will be no ceremony" She announced.

Shock and confusion painted the faces of the youngsters, including Prithvi and Avantika. Gayatri continued "We shall complete the remaining ceremonies back in Udaipur"

Everyone nodded in understanding and gathered around Avantika, eagerly sharing the lively tales of the wedding festivities she had missed. As the conversation flowed, Yashoda interjected, "Let her rest, you all"

Gayatri approached Avantika, who had risen from the couch "Your brother will pick you in the morning, my dear" She informed her.

"Why her brother? Won't I go with her?" Prithvi protested in disbelief.

Laughter rippled through the room as Gayatri answered "You shall fetch her in the evening"

Prithvi gazed at Avantika, his eyes pleading for her to protest as well. But she maintained her composure, turning her attention to the others.

"Pritha, take Avantika to your room for the night," Bhargavi commanded.

Prithvi's shock intensified. Neil and Karan put their hands on his shoulder, showing mock sympathy and Shubh asked playfully "Dadi Sa, isn't today their first night"

Bhargavi cleared her throat "The first night is observed after all the rituals are complete, so it shall be tomorrow. That is why they cannot share a room tonight"

"But Karan and Bhabhi stayed together" Prithvi muttered under his breath, his frustration evident.

Karan leaned in close with a smirk "That's a secret, brother"

Avantika's cheeks flushed at the mention of "first night" and she hurriedly followed Pritha and Aadriti to Pritha's room. The rest of the family retired to their own chambers, leaving a frustrated Prithvi behind.

Avantika emerged from the washroom, her makeup removed and her shimmering lehenga exchanged for comfortable clothes. She glanced at the room, seeing Pritha half-asleep on the bed and Aadriti already retired for the night.

"Pritha" Avantika said softly, gently shaking her shoulder. Pritha stirred, her eyes fluttering open.

"Do you need any help, Bhabhi?" She murmured sleepily.