You've come so close, why retreat now?

Hey Everyone!!

Here's the chapter

Enjoy reading

_____________________________________________

Author's Pov

In the warm and welcoming ambience of the dining room, both families gathered for their midday meal. A palpable buzz of excitement filled the air as plates laden with aromatic dishes adorned the table. To the delight of the younger members, Avantika, the Sisodia family's beloved new addition, sat beside Prithvi, creating a subtle yet undeniable frisson between them.

As everyone settled into their seats, Gayatri and Yashoda, the culinary masterminds of the family, presented their culinary creations with pride. "For our esteemed guests" boomed Gayatri "we have prepared a veritable feast!" A chorus of laughter rippled through the room at her jovial announcement.

Yashoda elaborated on the appetizers: "Delectable stuffed aloo tikki and fluffy dhokla" Avantika's eyes gravitated towards the aloo tikki, her favourite. Prithvi's gaze followed hers, a keen observer of the subtle gestures that revealed her preferences.

The main course, a symphony of flavors, featured fragrant jeera rice, soft and fluffy naan, tangy raita, rich dal makhni, and savoury kadhai paneer. Gayatri and Yashoda took turns describing each dish, their voices harmonising like a well-rehearsed choir.

"Bhabhi Sa's culinary masterpiece, a creamy kheer, made its grand entrance" Yashoda's words eliciting a collective gasp. Prithvi's eyes twinkled with anticipation; it had been ages since they had savoured this sweet delicacy.

As the table conversation grew animated, Dadi Sa turned to Avantika. "Avantika bete" she began, before being gently interrupted.

"Dadi Sa, please forgive my boldness" Avantika interjected, a hint of trepidation in her voice. "But I would love if you would call me Avanti, as my family does. It feels more...intimate"

A wave of warmth washed over Prithvi as he witnessed Avantika's affectionate gesture towards his family. "May I inquire" he murmured into Avanti's ear, "what I may call you in return...my sweetheart?"

Avanti's cheeks flushed, her eyes sparkling with amusement and desire. She leaned in close, her breath sending shivers down Prithvi's spine. "Whatever your heart desires, Mr.Fiance" she whispered softly.

Amidst the whispers and laughter of the feast, Prithvi's gaze was drawn irresistibly to Avantika. She sat beside him, her ethereal beauty radiating. Her eyes, as deep as a starless night, seemed to capture the very essence of his soul. Her lips, curved into a heart-warming smile, held him spellbound.

As servants approached with laden platters, Avantika politely declined their offers, opting instead to serve herself. Her every movement was imbued with an effortless grace and determination that intrigued Prithvi. Amidst the festive revelry, her focus remained unwavering, her attention drawn to neither the surroundings nor the admiring glances that followed her every step.

Yet, even in her admirable self-sufficiency, Avantika remained acutely aware of Prithvi's unwavering gaze. Its intensity pierced through her thoughts, distracting her from the present moment. She found herself returning his gaze, her own eyes reflecting a mixture of amusement and vulnerability.

In that silent exchange, a profound understanding passed between them. Prithvi recognised Avantika's independence and spirit, while Avantika felt a sense of acceptance and appreciation in his unwavering attention. The unspoken connection between them grew stronger with each passing moment, weaving an intricate tapestry of affection and longing.