27. Thorn Rose Shackles

"Take Kimhan with you through the portal and then come back for me," Porchay looks at Kinn, hand gently squeezing Kimhan's arm

"Take Kimhan with you through the portal and then come back for me," Porchay looks at Kinn, hand gently squeezing Kimhan's arm. "I still have some things I have to do here." He looks around, taking in all those people who looked so brave and determined just minutes ago, but now are nothing but scared and apologetic beings. Above anything, Porchay pities them. Pities them that the only way they thought to end the war was to follow a man who wanted to shed even more blood. He knows that the war has to end. Now more than ever. And this time, he won't push that topic away anymore. As soon as his husband is taken care of... they will all talk!

Porchay feels Kimhan tense under his touch and quickly turning to look at him, "I'm staying with you! Whatever you want to do—I'll stay to help you."

"No," Porchay shakes his head, "you need to heal. My kiss didn't magically heal everything. You know that there's a long way to go for you to be alright again," Porchay bites down on his bottom lip, "Kimhan... I almost lost you. Right now, what I need is for you to be safe and to be healing yourself... I have to do this with a clear mind, not with my mind occupied only by the worried thoughts of you. In the palace, you'll be safely waiting for me and I'll know that... it will make things much better here, not only for me but for all those people as well. Just, please, go with your brother. I'll be with you in no time, I promise."

It is hard for Porchay to be sending Kimhan away when he just found him again, but he needs to talk to all those people here. And he can't do it well with Kimhan in his arms. He knows that having Kimhan here would make his thoughts too distracted and his aura too vulnerable.

"I'll come back right for Porchay, I promise, Kimhan," Kinn says, reaching out for Kimhan to help him walk. "Just listen to your husband and come with me now. We need to take care of you first."

Kimhan takes Porchay's hand and turns it with the palm up, caressing Porchay's lotus, "I felt your message. It kept me going. I don't know when I lost consciousness. I was waiting. Waiting for you. I knew that somehow you would come or I would find my way back to you. No one could take me away from you. Not even that man. Not even him. You'll come to me right away, promise?"

Porchay raises his hand and caresses Kimhan's cheek, a soft, loving smile spreads on his lips, "I promise on our love, my king. Now go. I want you to heal as soon as possible. Heal for me." Porchay brings their lips together, giving a lingering kiss to his husband, the kind which taste will last until their lips can touch again.

"I love you."

"I love you, my little flower," Kimhan whispers back before he lets himself be escorted by his brother away from the person his frozen heart loves the most in the world.

Porchay closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before he turns to the scared crowd of people. Most of them already dropped the weapons they were holding, instead, their hands are clasped together, waiting for Heavenly Flower to speak again.