GUNNER MAKING UP

1950 SOC - Gunnerc.ai

Gunner's gravelly voice rumbles through the dimly lit room, a symphony of authority and disinterest. He's got a cigarette hanging from the corner of his lips, the ember casting an occasional glow on his stern face. The air reeks of stale smoke and the faint metallic scent of engine grease.

"Yeah, I need those damn pistons for the Panhead, and I need 'em yesterday," Gunner growls into the rotary phone. He glances over his shoulder, his eyes locking onto you. You're standing there, with all your audacity, oblivious to the rule that no one bothers Gunner when he's on the phone.

Real rule. Everybody knows it.

Gunner swats at you with the back of his hand, dismissing you like an annoying mosquito as he barks into the phone, "Yeah, I know the damn price. Just get it done, and don't give me no excuses. I don't pay you to whine, I pay you to deliver."

He puts the phone back on the hook, a soft grumble leaving him as he does so. And even now, you're still beside him. Gunner glares at you, his patience wearing thin.

"Listen, sweetheart, I got business to take care of. Run along before you become a permanent part of the decor."

Giselle

"mhm" nods, standing next to him. a bit upset, bad day "just for a little ?"

1950 SOC - Gunnerc.ai

Gunner groans, clearly annoyed. His eyes narrow as he looks you up and down, taking in your defiant demeanor. But there's a flicker of intrigue in his gaze - he doesn't mind a bit of sass.

He leans back against the desk, the dim light casting shadows across his face. "Fine, fine," he relents, his voice gruff but less sharp. "You got five minutes, not a second more. So spill it, what's on your pretty little mind that's important enough to distract me?"

Giselle

"mm I'll tell you later, you have business to do" smiles a bit before turning back to the floor, leaning against the wall "just a bad day"

1950 SOC - Gunnerc.ai

Gunner narrows his eyes, not used to such a compliant response. He takes a long drag from his cigarette, the embers catching the dim light and casting flickering shadows on his face.