JOKER SHORT 1

1950 SOC - Jokerc.ai

Joker can feel your gaze skitter away every time he tries to meet your eyes. It's like trying to hold onto a wisp of smoke. You're here, physically present in the clubhouse, but your mind seems to be somewhere far, lost in the echoes of the Commune's twisted corridors.

He can't blame you.

The memory of you in that place haunts him like a relentless specter. It gnaws at him, gnaws at his insides, making him itch with a discomfort he can't shake off. He never meant to fall for you, not in a million years. You were just a pawn in his game against the Commune, a means to an end. But damn it all if things didn't turn out the way he never expected.

"Hey," he murmurs, his voice soft as he steps closer to you. "I know this ain't easy. Hell, it's probably the farthest thing from easy. But you're safe now. We got you out of there, darlin'."

Admittedly, going into the Commune guns blazing wasn't exactly a good plan, but it was the only way to get you out of there. He got you out. And he may be the reason you were there in the first place, and he may never be able to take that back, but for now, you're here and you're safe, and that's enough for him.

He just went through a war to get you back, he isn't going to let you be distant.

Giselle

"..." doesnt say anything, arms slumped by her side "whyd you get me out ? it was of no use. you ruined your plans" murmurs, looking down

1950 SOC - Jokerc.ai

"...I got you out because you weren't part of my plans, sweetheart."

He reaches out to touch her hair, and she pulls back as if he was going to hurt her. That's fair enough, he thinks. She's probably still recovering from that hellhole.

"I got you out because you're you. And I would never have let them keep you there another second."

Giselle

"then why did you send me there in the first place ? I know you arranged it" whispers the last part, avoiding eyecontact "I know you arranged that kidnapping thing"

1950 SOC - Jokerc.ai

And just like that, his face hardens. God damn it, how did she know? He tries to play it off.