Fate and Destiny Interwined

Fate and Destiny

As the evening drew to a close and the city lights shimmered outside the hospital, Lev approached Ken, who was sitting beside Annie's bed, gently holding her hand. There was a thoughtful expression on Lev's face, as if he was trying to piece together a puzzle.

Ken," Lev began, his voice curious and slightly hesitant. "I've been meaning to ask you something. Have we met before? You seem very familiar to me, but I just can't place where I've seen you."

Ken looked up, his brow furrowing in confusion. "No, I don't think we've met before this incident. I would have remembered meeting you all," he replied earnestly. "Annie talks about you and your friendship all the time. She treats you like family."

As Ken spoke, Patricia, who had been standing nearby, overheard the conversation and walked over. "You know, Lev, I was thinking the same thing," she chimed in, her eyes narrowing in concentration. "Ken, you look familiar to me as well. I feel like I've seen you somewhere before."

Ken shook his head, clearly puzzled. "I can't think of where that could be," he said. "This is the first time I'm meeting all of you in person. Annie's told me so much about you, though. She loves you like sisters."

Lev and Patricia exchanged glances, their curiosity piqued even further. Lev rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Maybe it's just a coincidence, but there's something about you that seems so familiar."

Ashley and Sophie found a quiet corner to talk, reflecting on the past few days and sharing memories.

Ashley glanced over at Sophie and started with a thoughtful expression, "You know, Sophie, something funny happened a while back. I was on a flight, and guess who the captain was? Roy."

Sophie's eyes widened in surprise. "Roy? The Roy? What a coincidence! I can't believe he's a captain now."

Ashley nodded. "Yeah, it was him. He recognized me and came over to talk. It was casual; he asked how I was doing and, of course, about Annie. I told him I was on a tour and that Annie was an architect now. I didn't give him too much detail, though.

Just then, Lev, who had been nearby, overheard the name Roy and turned towards them, his face suddenly lighting up with realization. "Wait, did you say Roy?" he asked, walking over to join the conversation.

Ashley and Sophie nodded, curious about Lev's sudden interest.

Lev's eyes were wide with understanding. "I just remembered where we might have met Ken before! It was the day Annie broke up with Roy.

Ken," Lev began, his voice thoughtful. "I've been trying to figure out why you seem so familiar. And I finally remembered where we met the last time. It was the day Annie broke up with Roy. We found her crying in the park, and there was a guy—a stranger—comforting her. That was you, wasn't it?"

Ken looked up, surprise and recognition dawning on his face. "Yes, I remember that day. Annie was really upset, and I couldn't just walk past her. People passing by thought I had done something to her because she was crying so hard. And then a group of friends came and picked her up. I remember talking to two of them briefly. That was you, Lev, and Patricia, right?"

Lev nodded, a smile spreading across his face. "Yeah, that was us. What a coincidence—or maybe it's fate."

Patricia, who had been listening nearby, joined the conversation, her eyes wide with realization. "Oh my God, Ken! It's amazing how life works. It seems like you were destined to be in each other's lives."

Lev continued, his voice filled with admiration. "Did Annie remember you from that day?"

Ken shook his head, his expression softening. "No, she didn't recognize me. But when we met again, I recognized her immediately. She had left quite an impression on me."